DoubleTune is an advanced tuning app created by professional musicians. It’s suitable for tuning a range of string musical instruments, learning new chords and refreshing your memory of already-learned ones. Competitive educational games are equally useful for beginners and mastered guitar players. One way or another, DoubleTune is a must-have app for any musician.
Made by experienced guitarists, it is simple, fast, intuitive and accurate. It’s perfect for tuning acoustic, electric and bass guitars, along with ukulele, banjo, violin and cello.
- Choose between a range of tuning presets and modes:
- Tune Guard™;
- Standard and Popular tunings (6 and 12 strings);
- Drop and Double Drop;
- Open, Modal and Lower;
- Ukulele tunings;
- Bass guitar tunings;
- Chromatic tuner;
- Auto and Manual modes;
Tune Guard™ is a smart feature that helps you tune safely. It warns you with both visual red signal and string highlighting when this string is too tight and is about to break. The mode is designed to help beginners and inexperienced musicians save their strings, time and money.
You can easily tune:
- Electric and Acoustic guitars;
- Western and Classic guitars;
- Bass 4 and 5 strings;
- And any other string instruments.
Get the most out of DoubleTune games:
- Learn chords! Hone your skills and get familiar with many of common chords. These entertaining games focus on chords and chord diagrams. You can easily transfer this experience to real guitar playing!
- Ear training. Learn basics of guitar music theory in a fun way. Master your musical hearing and chord recognition ability with the help of quizzes.
- Stay competitive and try to get the best score in less time!
Great for professional and beginner guitarists! Enjoy tuning your instruments at the astoundingly high level.
The app contains the following subscription options:
- Weekly, monthly & annual*
- Free trial subscription is automatically renewed unless cancelled 24 hours before the renewal
- Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication
- Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- You can subscribe for unlimited access to our PRO services:
* Tune Guard™ for safe tuning;
* all instruments;
* all games.
Terms of Service: https://gismart.com/terms-of-service/
*Price are equal to the value that "Apple's App Store Matrix" determines is the equivalent of the subscription price in $USD.
* Tune Guard™ feature does not guarantee 100% safely tuning. Gismart Ltd. takes no responsibility for causing any damage to your strings.
We hope you’re enjoying the app! Please, keep it regularly updated to always have our greatest features and latest improvements.
- Improved Thai localization
- Some under-the-hood improvements
- Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Does exactly what it says on the tin
It's a guitar (and ukulele) tuner. Whether you need a reference tone, a chromatic tuner, or to tune to a standard or common tuning for the instrument, this app gets it done. Nice UI, very intuitive.
The only reason I'm giving it four stars rather than five is that if it could also handle bass, mandolin, banjo, bouzouki and other stringed instruments in the same way as it handles guitar and uke - or if it allowed me to create a custom tuning of my own in order to mock up the mandolin or banjo - it would fit my needs perfectly.
UPDATE: since my initial review, 12-string guitar and 4- and 5-string bass have been added, and this app has absolutely become my go-to for tuning, and I’m bumping it up to five stars for that. If the mandolin and banjo could be next, it would be absolutely perfect.
Perfect simple tuner
I downloaded this app probably close to a year ago and didn’t like it as much then. The ads were very annoying and I found it difficult to figure out how to set up the tuning for either other instruments or keys. I used the app again today after months of not and I’m very glad I kept it around. All I had to do was open it and start plucking my strings. It lets you know when your string is in tune and prompts you to move on to the next one until you are finished. It’s simple, easy to interact with, and most importantly, free. It’s a perfect tool for those of us who carry their phone more often than a tuner.
(P.S., the app now offers tunings in different keys and for different instruments including ukulele, bass, and 12 stringed guitars)
A stupid trick...
When we read “GET”, we think it’s free. Many tuner apps are free. Then, when have downloaded it we discover that what we “GET” is a subscription not free. Of course the subscription is mention in the Apple store, but we are not told that without it we can’t either try it. What we are asked to try is the subscription. Sorry, that was a trick I didn’t like. I deleted your app and will never know why you say it’s the best.
I have bought many tuners, apps and not apps that you put on your guitar or in front of it etc. It was always very simple and clear. Other apps let you choose between free light version with tons of apps and a paying full version without adds. When we like the free app, we always buy the full version. That subscription system looks like more of a money trap. Good luck!
- Gismart Limited
- 112.5 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Thai
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Gismart Guitar Tuner
- In-App Purchases
- Safe tuning & Cool games $7.99
- Try accurate Tuner $7.99
- All In One $5.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.