One of the best sounding guitar apps around — with each single note of the guitar carefully recorded. Highly playable user interface with easy access to hundreds of chords that can be visualized just as they would be played on a real guitar.
TOP10 in several countries!
With GuitarCapo, playing guitar and learning chords turns into a breeze. With simple clicks you can discover the most unique chords. In addition, you can use the built-in capo to transpose chords — just like on a real guitar! With GuitarCapo however, you are shown the name of the new chords you're playing!
Made with passion and 20 years of guitar experience.
"...One of our favourite apps, GuitarCapo+ is now even better..."
"...There are several "play like it's a real guitar" apps for iOS currently available, but what I like about GuitarCapo is its simplicity and unique versatility which no other app in its class offers..."
"... this is a very useful tool for any guitar player to have to hand on their iPhone or iPad..."
"... a virtual instrument and a whole lot more ..."
"... few combine the features of GuitarCapo+ ..."
Already downloaded in 80 countries.
You will find configurable buttons that provide direct access to hundreds of chords with a simple click. In the chord library you will find everything from simple chords to more advanced jazz chords.
You can even make your own chords with the Chord Builder!
All chords can appear on a chord display indicating how they could be played on a real guitar. If you tap them, the chord will be played. It is you who decide how fast the chord should play. This is an amazing way to learn new chords!
The effect mixer allows you to change the sound as you desire; pan each string, delay, reverb, distortion, EQ and volume. You can also save your settings for later use as a preset.
With support for Audiobus, you can use GuitarCapo as a virtual guitar and send sound directly to other apps that also support Audiobus. Read more about Audiobus at audiob.us
With support for Inter-App Audio (IAA) , you can use GuitarCapo as a virtual guitar and send sound directly to other music host apps also support IAA.
With MIDI-in support you can play the sounds in GuitarCapo from any other app sending MIDI or a external MIDI controller through i.e. your Camera Kit
Use GuitarCapo+ as a MIDI controller with MIDI out. This means that you can control the sound in other apps that support MIDI in, ie apps such as iGrand Piano, SampleTank or record MIDI in you favorite sequencer such as Cubasis
- Adjustable strum speed
- Interactive Chord Chart
- Moving capo from 0 to 7 fret
- Select a chord by tapping a chord button
- Easy to set up new chords
- Play on one or several strings at once
- Support for Audiobus
- Inter-App Audio (IAA)
- Effects Mixer with individual string pan and delay, global reverb, distortion, EQ and volume
- Storing and loading your own effect presets
- MIDI-In support
- MIDI-Out support
- Sound selections on the fly
- Unique string fading feature
- Rotate chord buttons and displays
- Hundreds of chords!
- Chord Builder (make/edit/delete custom chords)
- Unlimited chord banks (up/down to change all chord while playing)
- Velocity sensitive strings. Strum slow for lower volume
- 12-string emulation mode
- Play Out mode for on-screen strings
- Compact string mode (improved on-screen playability). iPad only
- Turn on/off background audio
- Sound Tweaker (EQ/gain manipulation when playing). iPad only
- Bass Along mode (play on the chord buttons and chord pads)
- Dynamic Strum mode (change speed after starting a i.e. slow strum)
- MIDI Pad Mode (Play the chord pads with a MIDI controller). iPad only
- MIDI Play Through.
- Configurable MIDI out channel
- "Play Forever/PF" mode. iPad only
- Stop playing strums
- Online User Manual
- Hours of fun :)
Please continue your support by leaving a review in the App Store. It means everything!
- New electric guitar with long samples
- Two more buttons on the chord pads
- BPM-indicator (iPad only)
- BPM stepper (iPad only)
- 5 fingerpicking strum patterns (iPad only)
- New menu (iPad only)
- New design on the main screen (iPad only)
- Maintenance updates on audio engine and Audiobus/IAA libraries
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Great Guitar App
GuitarCapo+ is an excellent app! I'm very happy with the purchase. The midi features work well with my mobile DAWs, the chords are very customizable and the guitar sounds great with IAA or use it to trigger any other sounds you like through midi out.
One request: I would like to be able to trigger the fingerpicking patterns, Strum 1 - Strum 5, from my midi controller, it would be great to be able to program those parts from the midi DAW as opposed to only strum up/down. The midi is set up really well in GC+ as is with CCs, maybe an additional CC to switch to Strum 1 - Strum 5? Or something in the app's UI?
Thanks for a great app!
Strum Machine Extraordinaire!
Take a little time to learn the user interface (UI). The manual is pretty explanatory. You can program this as the ultimate strum machine. You can strum or push buttons to strum...up or down...fast or slow. You can also control with a midi board for soloing or strumming. Inter app capabilities let you use guitar amps. This is the keyboard guitarist’s solution right here!
Creators may want to consider a solo mode that doesn’t require the user to have a midi controller to play solos, but the app is 5 star as is!
Very professional app already but .......
Very professional app already but I would like to see more chords (at least 8), ability to drag and drop chords from a library(and or copy and past chords) into the slots and the ability to name and save as the chord banks (not just numbers). Companion apps for banjo and ukulele?? Using app with a 12 Step so I can trigger the chords using my feet. Great midi in/out.
Sent from my iPad
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.