Guitarism - Pocket Guitar
By Rhism LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Over a million downloads. 9,000+ user reviews. 4.5 star avg rating. Get it now!
"My guitarist friend had a stroke that paralyzed the left side of his body and left him unable to play. I fired up Guitarism and handed my iPhone to him. A minute later he was singing and playing, his wife began to tear up and the smiles filled the room. Thank you thank you thank you." - 5 star user review from Canada
"After losing a finger in an accident, I have searched for a way to play guitar again. The first time I played with this app, I cried; I was finally playing guitar again. Thanks so much." - 5 star user review from the United States
Time.com: "simulates the experience of strumming away on six strings"
MacLife.com: "beautiful acoustic tones"
Evolver.fm: "a virtual acoustic guitar that anyone can play"
Apps4iDevices: "Killer App"
SmiteMatter: "amazingly playable design ... 5 stars!"
theiphoneappreview.com: "Fantastic sounding"
appchronicles.com: "Life-like guitar sounds"
appdictions.com: "Top notch"
"Everyone I show this to - WANTS it!" - 5 stars
"feels like a real musical instrument" - 5 stars
"can't make it sound bad" - 5 stars
"My wife often asks me why I’m playing (guitar) in the kitchen and then realizes it’s the app" - 5 stars
"Don't need any musical knowledge, you will gain it as you play" - 5 stars
"Mind blown" - 5 stars
Featured on MacLife's "8 Apps for Guitar Enthusiasts" and Music App Blog's "25 iOS music apps to get you started"
A guitar app for those who love the physical, visceral experience of playing guitar, with an online community for limitless inspiration and feedback! guitarism offers a highly tuned strumming interface integrated with spectacular guitar samples. The result of years of iteration, improvement and polish, you won't find a better-sounding or more playable guitar app on the App Store.
- Unrivaled sound quality - people will think you're playing a real guitar! Other guitar apps don't compare
- The most natural interface around - literally play with your eyes closed
- A complete suite of stunning acoustic and electric guitars, a powerful electric amp, fantastic effects, beautiful skins and a diverse range of presets to give you maximum control over your tone and sound!
- Beautiful artwork from graphic artist Ryan Hemeon
- Play along with songs from your music library, and save chord presets per song
- Record and share your performances with the community and your friends
- Watch others' performances for inspiration and download their chords
- Get feedback and stats on your published performances, and climb the charts
- Universal app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Hold your iPad like a guitar and fret the chords!
- Integrate with your DAW via AudioCopy and export to iTunes File Sharing and Garageband
- Audiobus support! Now you can use guitarism as an Audiobus input and send live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps. E.g. use Audiobus to connect guitarism to AmpKit and get live guitar effects in guitarism! See http://audiob.us for more information. Note: iPhone 4S+ / iPad 2+ required for Audiobus
- Quadroplay: simultaneously control guitarism and up to 3 additional MIDI-compatible apps (e.g. GarageBand) in complementary roles: guitar, bass and chords. Quadroplay turns guitarism into an advanced multi-channel MIDI controller
- Demo videos at www.youtube.com/rhismnation
- Rock out with guitarism today!
I am an independent developer, working hard to make guitarism the best guitar app possible. If you have any issues please email me at email@example.com - I reply to every support request!
Download guitarism now and start rocking out!
What's New in Version 3.37
Fixed touch handling on new iPhones
Lots to Love But Seems Orphaned
Pros: great sound. Lots of toys! And when I show my guitarist friends the secondary-chords feature, their eyes pop.
Cons: Could really use full CAGED-system support for playing chords in other than first position. You can get part of the way there with the transpose feature, but but I don’t think most of us can make it work on the fly. So you can't, e.g., do a live riff that starts with second-position E and ends with first-position E. Also, without scales implemented it’s not as suitable for playing lead as the GarageBand smart guitars, even though they have a more limited sonic palette.
The two things above stem from the bigger worry about this app: it seems moribund. There have been no major upgrades in functionality for two years now, as of late 2017. I do see the developer is releasing a flurry of bug fixes lately, so maybe things will start moving again. I’d be perfectly happy to pay for CAGED chords and scales as in-app purchases.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Sep 25, 2017
- Version: 3.37
- Size: 83.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rhism LLC
- © Rhism LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Rockstar CollectionFree
- Smart StringsFree
- Electric GuitarFree
- 12-String Acoustic GuitarFree
- Distortion EffectFree
- 12 String Electric GuitarFree
- Auto Wah EffectFree
- Delay EffectFree
- Chorus EffectFree