guitarism - pocket acoustic & electric guitar
By Rhism LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Over a million downloads. 9,000+ user reviews. 4.5 star avg rating. Get it now!
"My guitarist friend had a stroke that paralyzed the left side of his body and left him unable to play. I fired up Guitarism and handed my iPhone to him. A minute later he was singing and playing, his wife began to tear up and the smiles filled the room. Thank you thank you thank you." - 5 star user review from Canada
"After losing a finger in an accident, I have searched for a way to play guitar again. The first time I played with this app, I cried; I was finally playing guitar again. Thanks so much." - 5 star user review from the United States
Time.com: "simulates the experience of strumming away on six strings"
MacLife.com: "beautiful acoustic tones"
Evolver.fm: "a virtual acoustic guitar that anyone can play"
Apps4iDevices: "Killer App"
SmiteMatter: "amazingly playable design ... 5 stars!"
theiphoneappreview.com: "Fantastic sounding"
appchronicles.com: "Life-like guitar sounds"
appdictions.com: "Top notch"
"Everyone I show this to - WANTS it!" - 5 stars
"feels like a real musical instrument" - 5 stars
"can't make it sound bad" - 5 stars
"My wife often asks me why I’m playing (guitar) in the kitchen and then realizes it’s the app" - 5 stars
"Don't need any musical knowledge, you will gain it as you play" - 5 stars
"Mind blown" - 5 stars
Featured on MacLife's "8 Apps for Guitar Enthusiasts" and Music App Blog's "25 iOS music apps to get you started"
A guitar app for those who love the physical, visceral experience of playing guitar, with an online community for limitless inspiration and feedback! guitarism offers a highly tuned strumming interface integrated with spectacular guitar samples. The result of years of iteration, improvement and polish, you won't find a better-sounding or more playable guitar app on the App Store.
- Unrivaled sound quality - people will think you're playing a real guitar! Other guitar apps don't compare
- The most natural interface around - literally play with your eyes closed
- A complete suite of stunning acoustic and electric guitars, a powerful electric amp, fantastic effects, beautiful skins and a diverse range of presets to give you maximum control over your tone and sound!
- Beautiful artwork from graphic artist Ryan Hemeon
- Play along with songs from your music library, and save chord presets per song
- Record and share your performances with the community and your friends
- Watch others' performances for inspiration and download their chords
- Get feedback and stats on your published performances, and climb the charts
- Universal app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Hold your iPad like a guitar and fret the chords!
- Integrate with your DAW via AudioCopy and export to iTunes File Sharing and Garageband
- Audiobus support! Now you can use guitarism as an Audiobus input and send live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps. E.g. use Audiobus to connect guitarism to AmpKit and get live guitar effects in guitarism! See http://audiob.us for more information. Note: iPhone 4S+ / iPad 2+ required for Audiobus
- Quadroplay: simultaneously control guitarism and up to 3 additional MIDI-compatible apps (e.g. GarageBand) in complementary roles: guitar, bass and chords. Quadroplay turns guitarism into an advanced multi-channel MIDI controller
- Demo videos at www.youtube.com/rhismnation
- Rock out with guitarism today!
I am an independent developer, working hard to make guitarism the best guitar app possible. If you have any issues please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org - I reply to every support request!
Download guitarism now and start rocking out!
What's New in Version 3.31
Added new Bluetooth option in Settings screen
Fix incompatibility with JamUp and ToneStack connections over Audiobus
Beautiful sound, feature requests
I love this app! There are only a few decent guitar simulator apps in the iTunes Store, and this one is tied, in my opinion, with iShred. guitarism sounds better, and supports iPad - iShred works on iPad, but only at iPhone resolution. There are two features that iShred has that Guitarism does not, so I want to request those features and this would get a hearty five stars from me. 1) Add a fretboard mode, so you can pick out individual notes. Having a bend feature and hammer-ons, are essential. 2) Create a mute pad somewhere, so that instead of enabling fret-muting globally, you could just tap a spot on the body of the guitar to mute just when you want it. My third request is a bug - not sure how widespread it is, but this app won't play audio at all through my Bluetooth headphones. Strangely, both Guitarism and iShred both won't play through Bluetooth, so whatever the problem is, is common to both. IShred hasn't been updated in years, so I'm planning on building a new relationship with Guitarism as my PRIMARY guitar app for both iPhone and iPad. Thank you for building a WONDERFUL app, and I look forward to your future updates.
Very cool solo, but add 4play and Audiobus, awesome!
For an app, it's surprisingly satisfying for a real guitarist to play (when no real guitar is within reach), and it's sound, although far from a perfect replica of a real guitar, is quite convincing at times.
But listen to me, buy the in-app purchase stuff, especially the 4play thing! It allows you to route any of the guitar notes, bass notes, and chords (like a pad) to either the Guitarism virtual guitar sound, or any virtual MIDI channel. I highly recommend Arturia iSem for the bass notes, DXi for the chords, and the guitar notes through the internal Guitarism virtual guitar sound. With the virtual analog synths playing the bass notes and chords alongside a very convincing virtual guitar sound, it's very... old school prog rock.
Wanna get really fancy? Open Guitarism in Audiobus as an input along with the two aforementioned apps. Put the awesome delay effect Crystalline in the Audiobuss effect slot, and then just use the speaker or your favorite Audiobus recorder as the Audiobus output. 21st Century prog!
Fantastic, but could be even better
I've only used this a few days and am really impressed. I'm puzzled, however, that you only get to choose between 6 chords. It means I often need to stop between songs and change the chord configuration.
Especially in the Ipad version, and with the larger screen iphones, there is plenty of room to add an optional extra row if chords. This would allow a freer flow between songs, and make the program much more enjoyable to use. Please consider adding an extra row of chords!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 02, 2014
- Version: 3.31
- Size: 59.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Rhism LLC
- © Rhism LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Rockstar CollectionFree
- Smart StringsFree
- Electric GuitarFree
- 12-String Acoustic GuitarFree
- Distortion EffectFree
- 12 String Electric GuitarFree
- Delay EffectFree
- Chorus EffectFree
- Auto Wah EffectFree