Over a million downloads. 9,000+ user reviews. 4.5 star avg rating. Get it now!
"My guitarist friend had a stroke that paralyzed the left side of his body and left him unable to play. I fired up Guitarism and handed my iPhone to him. A minute later he was singing and playing, his wife began to tear up and the smiles filled the room. Thank you thank you thank you." - 5 star user review from Canada
"After losing a finger in an accident, I have searched for a way to play guitar again. The first time I played with this app, I cried; I was finally playing guitar again. Thanks so much." - 5 star user review from the United States
Time.com: "simulates the experience of strumming away on six strings"
MacLife.com: "beautiful acoustic tones"
Evolver.fm: "a virtual acoustic guitar that anyone can play"
Apps4iDevices: "Killer App"
SmiteMatter: "amazingly playable design ... 5 stars!"
theiphoneappreview.com: "Fantastic sounding"
appchronicles.com: "Life-like guitar sounds"
appdictions.com: "Top notch"
"Everyone I show this to - WANTS it!" - 5 stars
"feels like a real musical instrument" - 5 stars
"can't make it sound bad" - 5 stars
"My wife often asks me why I’m playing (guitar) in the kitchen and then realizes it’s the app" - 5 stars
"Don't need any musical knowledge, you will gain it as you play" - 5 stars
"Mind blown" - 5 stars
Featured on MacLife's "8 Apps for Guitar Enthusiasts" and Music App Blog's "25 iOS music apps to get you started"
A guitar app for those who love the physical, visceral experience of playing guitar, with an online community for limitless inspiration and feedback! guitarism offers a highly tuned strumming interface integrated with spectacular guitar samples. The result of years of iteration, improvement and polish, you won't find a better-sounding or more playable guitar app on the App Store.
- Unrivaled sound quality - people will think you're playing a real guitar! Other guitar apps don't compare
- The most natural interface around - literally play with your eyes closed
- A complete suite of stunning acoustic and electric guitars, a powerful electric amp, fantastic effects, beautiful skins and a diverse range of presets to give you maximum control over your tone and sound!
- Beautiful artwork from graphic artist Ryan Hemeon
- Play along with songs from your music library, and save chord presets per song
- Record and share your performances with the community and your friends
- Watch others' performances for inspiration and download their chords
- Get feedback and stats on your published performances, and climb the charts
- Universal app for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. Hold your iPad like a guitar and fret the chords!
- Integrate with your DAW via AudioCopy and export to iTunes File Sharing and Garageband
- Audiobus support! Now you can use guitarism as an Audiobus input and send live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps. E.g. use Audiobus to connect guitarism to AmpKit and get live guitar effects in guitarism! See http://audiob.us for more information. Note: iPhone 4S+ / iPad 2+ required for Audiobus
- Quadroplay: simultaneously control guitarism and up to 3 additional MIDI-compatible apps (e.g. GarageBand) in complementary roles: guitar, bass and chords. Quadroplay turns guitarism into an advanced multi-channel MIDI controller
- Demo videos at www.youtube.com/rhismnation
- Rock out with guitarism today!
I am an independent developer, working hard to make guitarism the best guitar app possible. If you have any issues please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org - I reply to every support request!
Download guitarism now and start rocking out!
Fixed isssue with MIDI Out on newer iPads
Ratings and Reviews
THIS DEVELOPER SEEMS TO HAVE LOST INTEREST IN THIS APP.
WHY HASNT HE CREATED ANOTHER ROW OF BUTTONS FOR ADDITIONAL CHORDS OR GIVEN US ADDITIONAL OCTAVE POSSIBILITIES?
WHY CREATE SOMETHING THAT IS SUBSTANDARD?
WHY IS THE DEVELOPER SO INDIFFERENT?
Awesome for strumming!
Does strumming very well! If it had a solo mode it would be soooooo awesome! And a looper to loop the strumming and then solo mode to solo over the recorded strumming....that would take it beyond 5 stars!
I'm really impressed. This is the most complete and realistic guitar app I have found. It has everything I could think of and lots more. I think I love it. Sounds great too.
- Rhism LLC
- 89.7 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Rhism LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Rockstar Collection Free
- Quadroplay Free
- Smart Strings Free
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.