"This is mind blowing. You can make music on this instrument quickly and easily. It is way beyond the other guitar apps for its ability to let you focus on music making without feeling like you are going against the technology! If you are a musician you will be smilling in moments after you load this in to your phone." - Jordan Rudess (5 stars)
"This is the App (especially since I own it's Electric Partner also) that in my mind 'broke the sound barrier'. It outdistanced anything I had ever seen and would NEVER have believed possible back in the day. I have owned this since it came on the market and it still blows my mind." - Mister_App_Guru (5 stars)
"All around an ingenious way to play on the iPhone even if You Don't Play the guitar. I'm certain this WILL inspire more people to pick up the real thing." - T.Branton (5 stars)
"OUTA SIGHT!!! I have the other guitar apps... This is a REAL instrument!" - 3radart (5 stars)
"The first truly *musical* app for the iPhone ... While other virtual instruments are severely limited by the iphone's dimensions, this one caters to its strengths. Oh Joy!" - Wintancian (5 stars)
Learn and play your favorite songs with Guitar, the amazing acoustic guitar app for your iPhone or iPod touch. More than just a virtual fretboard, Guitar is an instrument optimized for performance. You can perform songs with any combination of chords and melodies on Guitar's highly playable and easy-to-use interface.
• 6 great acoustic guitar sounds, including 6 & 12-string Steel and Nylon
• Notes never "drop out" due to limited sample length
• Adjust tuning to match recordings, other instruments
• Reverb effect simulates room ambience
• Easily create and save your own custom chords
• Strumming position controls loudness of chords
• Chords are easily reordered for fast access
• 21 scales, available in 12 keys, let you play melodies
• "Advanced moves": hammer-on's, pull-off's, and slides
• User-selectable string labels
• Slide finger between buttons for fast chord transitions
• Shortcuts for fast song editing and button reordering
• Support for the left-handed guitarist
• Record performances with optional metronome
• Play along with recordings, even use different sound
• Speed up or slow down performance after recording
SONGS & PLAYLISTS
• Combinations of chords & scales can be saved as songs
• Backup/restore songs to the web
• Songs can now have multiple pages of buttons
• Export your recordings to your computer via iTunes
• A jukebox of shared songs from around the world
• Share your performances and be rated by other guitarists
• Download songs and performances from other users
• Check out the AirPlay charts: http://fdgm.us/AirPlayG
PLAY WITH MUSIC
• Built in music player
• Play along with iPod library or imported tracks
fixed an issue where tuning could change improperly
Ratings and Reviews
Five Stars For The Sound
I swear, if they made this app universal and updated it for iOS musicians who use Audiobus 3, AUM, IAA, AU—it would get 10 stars. The sound is still the best I’ve heard out of any guitar in the App Store. The developers haven’t quite forgotten what a gem they have, because it got a minor update this past year. But I swear, if only....
Great app for playing acoustic guitar when a real one it's not available.
Love this App. Great Flexibility for Programming your own chord inversions, even the ones I can't really play. Low latency. Can play chords real time. The guitar sounds are also very realistic, not cheesy electronic type.
Really nice - needs marked frets & tweaks
I'll begin by saying this is the first guitar app I've purchased, but have been intently reading reviews of others.
Starting with the suggestions
• needs a display of the fretboard showing finger positions for chords. However, it does show this numerically.
• needs a few interface tweaks - two examples are to possibly move the fret number marker to the side instead of over the strings; also, the "song selection" button is too easy to hit accidentally
• needs quicker editing (less button presses!) works fine though
• would love to be able to build user chords based on putting "finger location" on a fretboard to build odd, dissonant, and experimental chords
• would also like to be able to play on expanded frets
• would love to be able to set alternate tunings/other instruments!
• would love expanded sounds... synth sounds, whatever
• would love recording!
• What is "blank" string setting for?
• Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be able to drag fret view to higher/lower frets
The other stuff:
• Easy to use, though some controls are too easy to hit
• Lots of chords - I can set up a G # m7#5, whatever that is, very easily :)
• Can set up scales that show on the fretboard - I have to read the instructions, though... not sure what the various sizes of dots represent
• Good sound, nice looking interface
All in all, an app I really like experimenting with. Going to grab my real guitar tonite and learn some new chords!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.