GuitarTab is a guitar tab viewer and player which provides access to more than 800000 free tabs.
It includes free Guitar pro tabs, Guitar tabs, Bass tabs, Chords and Drum tabs. Additionally YouTube music videos and guitar lessons can be played. Information about the found tabs, chords and artists can be searched via Last Fm.
- Access more than 800000 guitar tabs & chords
- Open and play GuitarPro tabs
- View tabs in fullscreen mode
- Search for YouTube music videos and lessons
- Filter tabs by type
- Zoom and minimize tab view to perfectly suit your needs
- Add tabs to your favorite list and access them offline
- Browse your search history to save time
- Make tabs scroll down automatically and adjust the scroll speed
- Search information about artist or sheet music via LastFm
- Display chord diagrams, so you always know how to play them
- Possibility to share your tabs & chords with others
The following extensions are available:
- Print function
- Transpose and edit function for text tabs
- Fretboard view, tempo control, changing instruments and muting single tracks
- Synchronizing of favorites via Dropbox
- Opening tabs from Dropbox accounts
- Chords found in text tabs can be pinned
- Tabs in favorites and history can be renamed
Ratings and Reviews
Love this app
Disclaimer: I'm a beginner and mostly self taught with the help of books. That said, this app works very well for me. It saves me from having to search google for free tabs, and has a solid variety of songs as long as they're not extremely recent, since most seem to be from contributors/other app users. And most songs have multiple versions--for example, for a single song there may be 1 containing bare chords, maybe 2 or 3 with complete tabs, and one with sheet music &tab(these are labeled "guitar pro" in the app. The others are clearly labeled as "chords" or "tab"). Depending on the song popularity there may be 9 or more versions. It's not a problem finding the one you were studying thanks to the history and favorites features. I don't need an in app tuner or recording capabilities--I use this app to find tabs and for that it's fantastic. Well organized, easy to navigate, good search options. Aesthetics aren't great, but that doesn't really matter to me.
I loved this app until I paid 299 hoping for the transposition function. Now when I select a song form my favorites it comes up instead of Being in the key it’ll be either +4 minus seven or whatever it seems rather random. The other problem is I’ll bring up a song and it’ll have a completely different song under that title. For example I brought up bringing in the sheaves and instead of that being what was printed out it was he’s got the whole world. So it’s usable but I don’t love it I only like it and only part of the time
Developer Response ,
Please update to the latest version, it solves this issue
Very useful for performing musicians
I've used Guitartab for just a few weeks, works as advertised. Great for setting up multiple set lists (playlists) and for those songs not found I save them to my Dropbox account and roll them in. The only thing I haven’t figured out is how to access my favorites or playlists while offline, some show up others don’t? I’ve now been using the paid version for quite awhile on my iPad and Kindle.
- Markus Schiessl
- 47.9 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- © GT1 Apps
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock all functions $2.99
- Print function for text tabs $0.99
- Transpose function for text tabs $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.