GuitarTuna – Tuner for Guitar, Bass and Ukulele
By Yousician Ltd
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
GuitarTuna is the easiest, fastest and most accurate tuner app in the world!
The ultimate tuner for guitar, bass, ukulele and all popular string instruments. GuitarTuna has been downloaded over 20 million times and is used by beginners and experts!
Why is it the world’s most popular tuner ever built?
• Simple and easy to use. Works with both electric and acoustic guitars and string instruments using the built-in microphone. No cables needed.
• Perfect for complete beginners. Recommended by guitar teachers.
• Simple and intuitive. Clear visual feedback with signal history.
Award winning audio technology:
• Built on the world's most advanced audio recognition algorithm - the same technology powering Yousician
• Professional accuracy for advanced players
• Auto mode tuner (for super fast tuning, hands-free, string by string)
Advanced tools for all musicians:
• Metronome: set at any tempo, change the beat manually or by tapping at the desired speed
• 6 Ultimate Chord Learning Games: learn, practice and master chords, and develop the ability to recognize them by ear
• Chord library: find any chord diagram easily and hear how it should sound
• Learn Guitar Songs: 4 songs with guitar notation (tabs) to play along and test your skills
• Alternative tuning sets
(we are working on the chromatic tuner feature, thanks for the suggestions!)
• Electric and acoustic guitars
• Many other string instruments
Over 100 tunings available, including:
• Other drop tunings
• Open tunings
• Half step down
• 7-string tunings including drop-A
• Works in noisy areas, with background noise cancellation technology
• Designed by guitarists for guitarists and developed by the world’s leading audio engineers
• Improve your skills in chords, riffs, tabs, and ear training, and increase your picking speed, just like you would with guitar lessons / classes
• make the app look like your instrument by choosing different headstock visuals
Please be careful:
If it is your first time tuning the guitar or instrument, please be careful. We recommend watching a YouTube tutorial or asking a guitar player how it's done. Beginners risk snapping strings with improper tuning techniques.
Send us feedback:
Got ideas to make GuitarTuna even better? Send your ideas and suggestions to: email@example.com
Download our other free music learning app:
Yousician - the best way to learn, practice and master the guitar, piano and ukulele
*** Ranked the #1 Education app in 119 countries ****
*** Selected twice as Editor's choice by Apple in 2015 ***
*** Over 25 million users ***
Learn more about Yousician on Youtube and Facebook
What's New in Version 4.0.5
We've updated GuitarTuna with a brand new look and feel. We hope you like it!
If you have any questions or feedback, don't hesitate to send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
I really like this app!!
I've never personally tuned a guitar,- I've always had to have someone tune it for me when I briefly owned several guitars many years ago. At the time, I had bought them for my (now) ex husband so he was the one who always tuned them. But unfortunately, when I eventually left him- He got rid of them all instead of giving them to me since I paid for all of them. So needless to say, I've never really had the chance to learn how to play much at all. Recently, I was given another guitar from my sister, & knew I needed to learn how to tune it so I downloaded this app. I find it extremely easy to use & very helpful. Now I can tune my guitar (& maybe??) FINALLY learn how to play like I've always wanted too!! I LOVE Music & have to listen to it daily, it's my "Escape" from the world, my life, & all the problems or stresses that I might face daily. I've always wanted to learn how to play for as long as I can remember, so that I could eventually learn to play (at least some??) of the songs I love to listen to everyday or maybe even some that I grew up listening to as a kid. I'm thankful for this app so I can begin my journey towards reaching my goal/dream of learning how to play guitar & music. Thank you for making this app so very easy!! I Love It!!
Versatile and very usable
The tuner provides great visual feedback during the tuning process, and is rapidly responsive. It is a bit sensitive to environmental noise, even using a contact microphone, so works best in a relatively quiet setting: people in the room are fine, but several instruments tuning near each other is a problem. I'm guessing the iOS sound input system has a lot to do with this; perhaps the best the app can do is try to focus hard on the pitch with highest amplitude.
In terms of design, the tuner is very informative. Being tied to an instrument profile allows it to give clear direction, though it may mean that you need to purchase one of the profile sets to get the data for your instrument. The only thing I miss for this function is a chromatic tuner, since it's sometimes nice to place a pitch you're hearing. The chord library is very rich, if you play a guitar. The metronome is handy as well. I don't use the games or song exchange. The topics look interesting, though.
Overall, if you're willing to make the modest investment in the expanded tuning profiles and don't absolutely need the ability to display an arbitrary pitch, it's an excellent choice as a tuning and reference utility.
Best for learning guitar
Have you ever taken a class where the instructor not only allowed smart phones but insisted you download a specific app? Last year at my college I took a guitar class for non music major with no previous experience in guitar. It is called guitar class. So there were other students in it. It was 1 credit hour & I got an A. If you pass that with at least a C you can only take it once. I'm currently in what os called guitar elective. That is a one on one lesson in his office. Elective guitar can be taken as many times as the student wants. The pendulum is crucial to learning & the tuning is crucial to just using a guitar. This music teacher could teach a rhesus monkey to play the ukulele. I would recommend this to anyone who is interested in the guitar whether they are a beginner or a pro stadium musician.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 16, 2017
- Version: 4.0.5
- Size: 107 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Yousician Ltd
- © Yousician
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- GuitarTuna Pro$12.99
- All In One$9.99
- Ukulele & Cavaquinho$3.99
- Power Bundle$3.99
- All Chords$6.99
- Open Bundle$3.99
- Bass 4 and 5-string$3.99
- Folk Guitars$3.99
- 7 & 12 String guitars$3.99
- Violin family$3.99