By UP Solutions
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Gun ToolBox is an application for Gun Owners made by Gun Owners.
Manage all your guns and ammo in one place:
Application Main Features:
* Add all your guns information and photos (up to 3 photos).
* Add all your ammunition information and photos (up to 3 photos).
* Set Maintenance Alarms for each of your guns, based on the ammunition fired through each gun.
* Keep track of the amount of ammunition fired through each gun ('Odometer' feature).
* A Maintenance alert and icon will appear next to your gun, once your maintenance interval has been reached.
* Keep track of your ammunition inventory. Ammunition inventory is updated, every time you record firing your gun.
* Add more ammunition to inventory through a quick add window.
* New Tool for recording accessories for each gun.
* New Tool for keeping track gun and accessories cost ($).
* Keep track of gun Serial Numbers and Manufacturer web sites.
* Passcode Protection.
* Allow the input of multi-caliber guns.
* Zoom on any photo, for more photo details.
* Guns and Ammo Sorting (by gun type, caliber, brand, inventory, ascending, descending).
* Improved Zoom View, where multiple pictures can be viewed by scrolling.
* Classify your guns by type: Pistol, Rifle and Shotguns.
* New database fields for guns: Purchase Date, Miscellaneous and Other Calibers.
* New database fields for ammo: Shotgun calibers, Ammo Cost and Miscellaneous.
* Capability to reduce and increase ammo inventory.
* Capability to Reduce, Increase and Reset the Fire Counter.
* Add Pictures to accessories
* Capability to create accessories without assigning them to a specific gun.
* New database fields for accessories: Brand, Model, and Serial Number.
* File Sharing capabilities via iTunes.
* Capability to export app data via e-mail (.csv and .sqlite). Export data and store in your computer for back up; then restore via iTunes file sharing.
Gun ToolBox provides a set of tools to help you keep your guns organized by storing your guns information and photos, and tracking how much ammunition has been fired through it. Additionally, and based on a maintenance alarm set by the user, the application will alert you when maintenance is required for a particular gun. Once the maintenance interval is reached, a maintenance icon will appear next to the applicable gun. Once the Maintenance is completed, you can click on the maintenance icon to reset the alarm.
Gun ToolBox also let you keep a database of all your ammunition and the quantity you have of each. Not only that, the application will automatically update your inventory, once you record the use of your gun with the 'Fire Counter' tool. Also, if you buy more ammunition, just 'Tap' the 'Plus' icon next to your ammunition and add the purchased quantity.
Gun ToolBox let you establish maintenance alarms, individually for each gun; therefore, giving the user visibility of which guns need maintenance and which not. Also, Gun ToolBox provides a counter that keeps track of all ammunition fired through the gun; making this feature the equivalent to an 'Odometer' in a car.
Gun ToolBox is an essential tool for any gun owner; Keep your guns safe and ready for use by accurately keeping track of their maintenance schedules and ammunition on hand.
What's New in Version 1.3
This version 1.3 includes:
- Guns and Ammo Sorting (by gun type, caliber, brand, inventory, ascending, descending).
- Improved Zoom View, where multiple pictures can be viewed by scrolling.
- Classify your guns by type: Pistol, Rifle and Shotguns.
- New database fields for guns: Purchase Date, Miscellaneous and Other Calibers.
- New database fields for ammo: Shotgun calibers, Ammo Cost and Miscellaneous.
- Capability to reduce and increase ammo inventory.
- Capability to Reduce, Increase and Reset the Fire Counter.
- Add Pictures to accessories
- Capability to create accessories without assigning them to a specific gun.
- New database fields for accessories: Brand, Model, and Serial Number.
- File Sharing capabilities via iTunes.
- Capability to export app data via e-mail (.csv and .sqlite). Export data and store in your computer for back up; then restore via iTunes file sharing.
This app needs work!
First, why does it force you to add a gun before adding ammo? I got it to mostly keep track of ammo. The gun part was an extra but i had to add a gun just to get the app to open to ammo
Where is the cost per round? So i can open the app and see i have X number of rounds for a total cost of Y. However, the app does NOT show the COST/round?
After spending hours inputting all my ammo, i went shooting. So I removed from inventory what I shot. The app worked. It updated total cost and total rounds. But i thought i could input which gun used the rounds. Once I found that feature, i had to add back in what i shot so i could use the "odometer" feature.
Well, that feature is a failure. It will deduct what you shot from inventory but it will not change the total cost!!!!!
I have way too many hours into this app and now i am not sure if the counts or costs are correct!
Under the "ammo investment" the cost is by each model but not caliber while the inventory is only by caliber!
Remember how you label your ammo. Like .22 or 22 are different in the app. If you have different .22s like short and LR. You will need to remember how you named each.
Great app. I have a large collection and this app made a great back up for my insurance company. I have used this app for several months and it is great!!!
I would like to see two upgrades on the next release:
1. Ability to pinch and zoom photos
2. Inside the tools submenus the ability to select different guns without backing out to the gun menu and checking another gun would be great. This is especially helpful on days when you shoot a lot.
Good job overall sir and I look forward to using your app for many years.
May I be the first to congratulate you on your promise to update this application to support what’s new in version 1.3, and I am sure being a developer is not easy to satisfy everybody needs’ I think most will be very pleased with what you have done;
You have my apology on my last review as I was a bit upset in not being able to contact you but as I found out that your site was down for maintenance.
Thank you kindly. Mike.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Aug 16, 2011
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 2.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Carlos A Martinez
- © 2011 UP Solutions
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.