By Longtail Studios
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GUNDEAD DEFENSE - Wild West Zombie Tower Defense
The ONLY MULTIPLAYER Tower Defense Game for the iPhone and iPod touch.
1885. A zombie outbreak is ravaging the Western Frontier. Death is everywhere, but there's plenty of money to steal if you can get to it alive.
Take charge of a gang of outlaws looking to pull a legendary heist in the middle of zombie country.
A NEW TYPE OF TOWER DEFENSE GAMEPLAY
Not only DEFEND your stronghold, but for the first time ever order your henchmen to ATTACK the zombie base!
PLAN YOUR ATTACK!
- Order henchmen into battle, ranging from speedy scouts to slow burly brawlers.
- Time the waves of your attacks to exploit weaknesses in the zombie defenses.
- Strategically spend funds to boost your men's Speed, Health, and Resistance for the perfect assault.
DEFEND YOUR STRONGHOLD!
- Command a posse armed with Six Shooters, Shotguns, Molotov Cocktails, and Gatling Guns to make a stand against those brain-thirsty zombies!
- Upgrade your weapons to inflict even more damage with devastating special attacks.
- Two modes to square off against you friends:
- Head to Head: Play against your friends wirelessly
- Hotseat: Pass and play on a single iPhone or iPod touch
CLASSIC FEATURES [FREE]
- Quickplay Mode throws you right in the middle of the action!
- Campaign Mode takes you along on a bank heist to hell and back!
- Multiplayer immediately available.
- 7 different maps.
- An edgy art style that soaks the Classic Western in the gore of Zombie Horror.
- Original soundtrack written & performed by the band Tomcat Combat.
ZOMBIE IN-GAME EXPANSION [$0.99]
- Play as the Zombies! New powers! New strategies!
- 7 additional maps!
- Lead a zombie hoard of Biters, Screamers, Hurlers, and Swarmers to MORE BRAINS!
- Campaign Mode features a storyline from the Zombie perspective!
- Zombie faction unlocked in Multiplayer.
Cool new twist!
This game has a pretty simple story, basically your uncle wants you to come on a bank heist with him, so you meet him. When you meet him the place is infected with Zombies and he commands for you to kill them, then leading you into for your first mission. The first mission is your basic TD layout, you have 4 classes. The weak pistol-wielded cowboy, the moltov-throwing cowboy, the moderate sniper-wielding cowboy, and the heavy machine gun cowboy. Each class is upgradeble 4 times if I am not mistaken. The story expands and stuff happens which I will not tell. The second mission introduces you to attacking. You again, have four classes, a weak suicide guy, a moderate pistol cowboy, a buff cowboy with a coat on, and fat man that does lots of damage to the enemie's building. Your objective is to get past the zombie defenders and destroy their hideout. Each class takes up a certain amount of "people." Every round your amount of people increases. The layout of the levels change, with some dialougue with no voice acting in between but pretty neat and simple art. The game is a really fun but pretty short TD game, but I am pretty sure the second half expands on the story except you play on the Zombie side. This game is well worth a couple of dollars especially since they will probably add more. I reccomend it!
Good but not great
For free GunDead Defense is a hard price to beat. Literally half the game is open to play, it costs $1 if you wish to play as the zombies. As far as tower d games go, each game needs a hook and GunDead's is the ability to send waves of minions against the enemy. Rather than just survive, the player must only survive longer than his opponent. Each player must weigh in on saving money for wave upgrades or tower upgrades. Neglect either and you'll be punished. However that said, the game is rather simple and with only 4 tower types, the strategy is weak at best. The game includes 7 levels for free and a rather silly story that involves zombies, cowboys and betrayal. For the $1, you get 7 more levels as the undead. For the seasoned player, it's about two hours of campaign gameplay total but it also sports online play.
The real problem is after paying for the additional content, is the game is just too short and too uninvolved. With so many tower d games, GunDead is just slightly above average. As for free this game is a must. For the full game? It's just slightly above average.
Nice twist on tower defense
I love the tower attack and defense aspect of this. You have to balance your funds between both attacking and defending. With multiplayer support, you don't have the 'same old scenario' - your opponent's can mix it up every round and test your defenses. There aren't a whole lot of towers or defenders to choose from (my only gripe), however, both sides (zombie and cowboy) have slightly different units so it can be fun to play both sides (to play zombies, you must purchase the zombie side, it's only 0.99 and the game is fun).
I would highly recommend this game to fans of the TD genre.
- Category: Games
- Released: Mar 01, 2010
- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 25.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Longtail Studios
- © Longtail Studios
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Zombie Expansion$0.99