GV Connect is the most feature-complete Google Voice application available for your iPhone or iPad — text, call, and interact with your existing GV accounts using a beautiful and streamlined interface that gives you full control over your account settings:
• Place calls using your Google Voice number rather than your mobile number - enter number directly, select a contact from your device's contacts, or call back any number in your history. The application supports direct call (iPhone only), callback (Click2Call), and offline calling (see application website for a description of these calling modes)
• Send and receive text messages (SMS) from your Google Voice number - including support for long SMS, group messages, picture messages (MMS – available as In-App purchase), and support for non-English messages. Supports in-line replies with an iMessage-like interface
• Automatically check for new messages and voicemails - even when the application is in the background
• Listen to voicemails and recorded conversations right on your device (allowing you to pause, rewind, or fast forward to any point within the message) - voicemails will show the transcription of the message when available
• Un/-archive messages, mark them as un-/read or starred, attach notes to conversations, block/unblock senders, trash or delete conversations
• Easily search in your history by contact, message, or note text - supports continuing searches online for messages that have not yet been cached locally
• Messages are stored on your device for offline access
• Quickly change various Google Voice account settings (call forwarding, do-not-disturb — including the option to have DND automatically expire at a specified time, message notifications, …)
• Add, verify, and remove forwarding phone numbers
• Quick Settings allow saving and restoring complete account settings (DND, forwarding, …) for easy switching between different profiles
• Support for automatic selection of Quick Settings based on current location (available as In-App Purchase)
• Direct access to your device's contacts without needing to synchronize them with Google
• Quick access to favorite phone numbers for calls and SMS
• Universal application which runs optimized on iPhone (including iPhone X), iPod Touch, and iPad (including split-screen multi-tasking on supported devices running iOS 9 or later)
• Optional application passcode lock (with TouchID option on supported devices)
• Supports gesture navigation when typing text for easier placement of the cursor: swipe left/right with one or two fingers to move the caret position backwards/forward by character or word. Swipe left/right with three fingers to go to the beginning/end of the existing text
• Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion including support for fill-in snippets
* Recipient of an honorable mention in the 2010 Best App Ever Awards *
NOTE: An existing Google Voice account with a GV phone number is required to use this application - signup for new Google Voice accounts is currently limited to residents of the US. Please note that GV Connect is NOT a VoIP application and will not allow making or receiving calls from an iPad/iPod Touch without a separate VoIP application.
GV Connect stores your account password securely in your device's Keychain for faster login when launching the application. All communication is done exclusively via secure connections (SSL) to the Google Voice servers owned and operated by Google and no contact information (other than the contact's phone number which is required to place a call or send a message) is sent to Google or any other party. All operations are fully synchronized with your Google Voice account.
Please read the FAQ section on the application website if you encounter any issues or use the feedback email link in its about screen to ask for support.
• Work around an issue where the in-line SMS reply field would not properly expand its size when using Siri dictation
• Fix some display issues that could appear when first showing the actions menu for a conversation
If you like GV Connect, please tell all your friends. It would also be greatly appreciated if you could take a few minutes and leave a nice review. If you really love the application, you can even leave a tip to support continued development. Thanks for using GV Connect!
Ratings and Reviews
Best GV app with one flaw...
This app has been in active development for a very long time. Very dedicated developer that has worked hard to improve usability and squash bugs when they presented themselves.
The only issue I find is that I get all my notifications about missed calls a while after they happen. I might happen to look at my phone and see a missed call in the phone app. Then I head over to GV Connect to see if they left a message and GV connect will just be refreshing to let me know of the missed call. I have missed a lot of calls that way. I’ve had to enable email notification because of it. I don’t know what other setting to check but notifications just don’t happen in real time consistently and I can’t find a reason why unless iOS itself is doing something in the background. Otherwise it’s the perfect phone dialed app. I wish Apple let us replace the phone dialer with this one.
Best App for GV Users
This app continues to impress me. Dev is responsive to feedback and regularly sends updates.
This is the type of app where I insta-buy IAP out of support for the dev (regardless of whether I use the IAP functionality).
If you are planning to use Google Voice for calls/texting, look no further than GV Connect!
My previous review holds true even more so with the latest update.
I'll start off with the lowlights. It's not the prettiest GV app. I give that to GV Mobile+. But if you look past that and evaluate an app based functionality, GV Connect is hard-to-beat.
I've been using Google Voice for years. I find it incredibly useful to separate my work communication from my personal ones. My go-to app used to be the only other real competitor (GV Mobile+). I did enjoy using GVM+. But when I started to experience push issues among other things. I decided to give GV Connect a try. Being a Universal app is also a plus as I do use GV on my iPad (especially useful to discreetly text while in a business meeting).
If you are a casual user and want good aesthetics, I'd use the other app. But, as a power user who craves the best in functionality, this is the app of choice for me.
Best Google Voice App Available
I've tried all the Google Voice apps in the App Store over the past few years and GV Connect is the best. It feels natural on the iPhone side and has integrated Google features which make it feel familiar on the Google side as well (for example the use of Google-type icons for incoming, outgoing, etc). It takes advantage of the larger screen size on an iPad and works great on iPhones. I also like how I can add new numbers to both the iPhone contacts and my Google contacts. The developer is very responsive and always personally responds to my emails. They even walked me through steps to aid them in solving my unique Google apps custom domain login issue. 5 Stars!
In-App PurchasesSee All
MMS/Picture messaging (sending and receiving)
Automatic settings changes based on location
- Andreas Amann
- 7.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2009-2018 Andreas Amann
- In-App Purchases
- MMS Support $0.99
- Location Awareness $0.99
- Amazing Tip $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.