GV Connect - Call & SMS with Google Voice
By Andreas Amann
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GV Connect is the most feature-complete Google Voice application available for your iPhone or iPad — text, call, and interact with your existing GV accounts using a beautiful and streamlined interface that gives you full control over your account settings:
• Place calls using your Google Voice number rather than your mobile number - enter number directly, select a contact from your device's contacts, or call back any number in your history. The application supports direct call, callback, and offline calling (see application website for a description of these calling modes)
• Send and receive text messages (SMS) from your Google Voice number - including support for long SMS, sending to multiple recipients at once, and support for non-English messages. Supports in-line replies with an iMessage-like interface
• Allows using the Fleksy Keyboard for the fastest typing experience available. Fleksy Keyboard lets you type without having to look at your screen. You can miss every letter and Fleksy will still figure out exactly what you meant to type.
• Automatically check for new SMS and voicemails - even when the application is in the background (requires iOS 7 or later)
• Listen to voicemails and recorded conversations right on your device (allowing you to pause, rewind, or fast forward to any point within the message) - voicemails will show the transcription of the message when available
• Un/-archive messages, mark them as un-/read or starred, attach notes to conversations, block/unblock senders, or delete conversations
• Easily search in your history by contact, message, or note text - supports continuing searches online for messages that have not yet been cached locally
• Messages are stored on your device for offline access
• Quickly change various Google Voice account settings (call forwarding, do-not-disturb — including the option to have DND automatically expire at a specified time, message notifications, …)
• Add, verify, and remove forwarding phone numbers
• Quick Settings allow saving and restoring complete account settings (DND, forwarding, …) for easy switching between different profiles
• Support for automatic selection of Quick Settings based on current location (available as In-App Purchase)
• Direct access to your device's contacts without needing to synchronize them with Google
• Quick access to favorite phone numbers
• Universal application which runs optimized on iPhone/iPod Touch and iPad
• Optional application passcode lock
• Supports gesture navigation when typing text for easier placement of the cursor: swipe left/right with one or two fingers to move the caret position backwards/forward by character or word. Swipe left/right with three fingers to go to the beginning/end of the existing text
• Integrates with Talkatone to allow placing outgoing VoIP calls using your Google Talk account
• Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion including support for fill-in snippets
* Recipient of an honorable mention in the 2010 Best App Ever Awards *
NOTE: An existing Google Voice account with a GV phone number is required to use this application - signup for new Google Voice accounts is currently limited to residents of the US. Please note that GV Connect is NOT a VoIP application and will not allow making or receiving calls from an iPad/iPod Touch without a separate VoIP application.
GV Connect stores your account password securely in your device's Keychain for faster login when launching the application. All communication is done exclusively via secure connections (SSL) to the Google Voice servers owned and operated by Google and no contact information (other than the contact's phone number which is required to place a call or send a message) is sent to Google or any other party. All operations are fully synchronized with your Google Voice account.
Please read the FAQ section on the application website if you encounter any issues or use the feedback email link in its about screen to ask for support.
What's New in Version 2.2.3
• No longer show a dialog prompting to update TextExpander snippets on devices where TextExpander is not installed
• Fix crash when starting the application with the Settings view showing on devices that don't support region monitoring
• No longer show the menu item to switch keyboards when the keyboard is not visible
We don't feel comfortable interrupting your productivity to ask for a review but if you feel generous. like the application, and have a few minutes to spare please let us know about your experience by leaving a review.
I am so impressed with each update. Customer service has been personal and first class - any concerns or questions I had have been answered quickly and thoroughly. I love the new fleksy keyboard addition. Keep up the good work!
Decent but poor handling of alerts
Good UI for GV. But, push alerts often don't arrive in a timely manner. Worse are the phantom push alerts that arrive hours AFTER app data updates. I read/listen to a message, and hours later another badge alert, but there aren't any new messages.
I just bought this, but won't be using it until the app uses a proper login scheme. I'm not about to enter my Google account credentials into text fields. Use the API or forget it. If you're not going to change that, I'd like my $3 back.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 24, 2014
- Version: 2.2.3
- Size: 6.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Andreas Amann
- © 2009-2014 Andreas Amann
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Location Awareness$0.99
- Fleksy Keyboard Integration$0.99