GV Connect - Call & SMS for Google Voice
By Andreas Amann
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
GV Connect is the most feature-complete Google Voice application available for your iPhone or iPad — text, call, and interact with your existing GV accounts using a beautiful and streamlined interface that gives you full control over your account settings:
• Place calls using your Google Voice number rather than your mobile number - enter number directly, select a contact from your device's contacts, or call back any number in your history. The application supports direct call (iPhone only), callback, and offline calling (see application website for a description of these calling modes)
• Send and receive text messages (SMS) from your Google Voice number - including support for long SMS, sending to multiple recipients at once, and support for non-English messages. Supports in-line replies with an iMessage-like interface
• Automatically check for new SMS and voicemails - even when the application is in the background
• Listen to voicemails and recorded conversations right on your device (allowing you to pause, rewind, or fast forward to any point within the message) - voicemails will show the transcription of the message when available
• Un/-archive messages, mark them as un-/read or starred, attach notes to conversations, block/unblock senders, or delete conversations
• Easily search in your history by contact, message, or note text - supports continuing searches online for messages that have not yet been cached locally
• Messages are stored on your device for offline access
• Quickly change various Google Voice account settings (call forwarding, do-not-disturb — including the option to have DND automatically expire at a specified time, message notifications, …)
• Add, verify, and remove forwarding phone numbers
• Quick Settings allow saving and restoring complete account settings (DND, forwarding, …) for easy switching between different profiles
• Support for automatic selection of Quick Settings based on current location (available as In-App Purchase)
• Direct access to your device's contacts without needing to synchronize them with Google
• Quick access to favorite phone numbers for calls and SMS
• Universal application which runs optimized on iPhone (including iPhone 6/6 Plus), iPod Touch, and iPad (including split-screen multi-tasking on supported devices running iOS 9 or later)
• Optional application passcode lock (with TouchID option on supported devices)
• Supports gesture navigation when typing text for easier placement of the cursor: swipe left/right with one or two fingers to move the caret position backwards/forward by character or word. Swipe left/right with three fingers to go to the beginning/end of the existing text
• Supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion including support for fill-in snippets
* Recipient of an honorable mention in the 2010 Best App Ever Awards *
NOTE: An existing Google Voice account with a GV phone number is required to use this application - signup for new Google Voice accounts is currently limited to residents of the US. Please note that GV Connect is NOT a VoIP application and will not allow making or receiving calls from an iPad/iPod Touch without a separate VoIP application.
GV Connect stores your account password securely in your device's Keychain for faster login when launching the application. All communication is done exclusively via secure connections (SSL) to the Google Voice servers owned and operated by Google and no contact information (other than the contact's phone number which is required to place a call or send a message) is sent to Google or any other party. All operations are fully synchronized with your Google Voice account.
Please read the FAQ section on the application website if you encounter any issues or use the feedback email link in its about screen to ask for support.
What's New in Version 2.4.8
• Extend the application's URL scheme to allow opening of favorites on the dial pad via URL
• Improve login for some older accounts that are not used for other Google services
• Fix crash when selecting a favorite for placing a call on the iPad
• Show a warning when access to Contacts for the application is restricted to better handle changes in iOS 10 that could lead to the application crashing when access was limited
• Various stability improvements based on user submitted reports
By the way, App Store reviews are very helpful – reviews get reset with every update. If you like GV Connect, we would greatly appreciate if you could take a few minutes and leave a nice review. Thanks for using GV Connect!
Great app but....
I love the app with the many features. I use the app for ALL my calls and SMS. The only issue I have is that many calls disappear from the history. I made around 70 calls on 1 day and all of a sudden only 5 calls show. I have mentioned it to the programmer and he advised me to remove and reload the app which hasn't fixed the issue. At first I had thought that my jailbreaking may be causing it but after a clean format it still has the same problem and even now with the iPhone 7 plus the problem exists. Otherwise a great app.
Great app. Me like. You like.
Have used this app for 6 months. It's become one of my daily most used apps and is very reliable. Some sluggishness or lag in refreshing feeds but I can live with that.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 13, 2016
- Version: 2.4.8
- Size: 6.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Andreas Amann
- © 2009-2016 Andreas Amann
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Location Awareness$0.99