The Misadventures of Gwarmbee can only be described as a top down, randomly generated, twin stick defender.
Every game is different. You could begin your journey with few enemies, or a ton! It's a complete grab bag.
Defeat all of the monsters to proceed to the next floor. Watch out though because...
You have no weapons! Only your shields. Use your shields to deflect the enemy monster bullets and deal damage back to the baddies. Also, heal yourself if you so choose...
Highscores and achievements abound. Compete with your friends for the high score.
Oh, and no ads or in app purchases. Just play and have fun.
It's what we do best at When's Lunch? Games.
- Graphical updates to some of the UI elements.
- A MINI MAP! Much needed, I might add. Thank you for the input, Paul Blair! Helps find your way in the maze of bullets!
- The game will start after a short countdown. This will help those sticky situations where baddies pop up all around! Adi Juhasz, you are thanked profusely, from the bottom of every Gwarmbee players' hearts.
- Silky smooth 60FPS! Necessary? Probably not. But it's smoother now!
- EVERYPLAY integration! Unity's wonderfully simple to use, share and upload system for gameplay! When you die (and you will), tap the new "SHARE" button to be prompted to edit, voice over / add facial reactions using your camera... etc etc... and upload it to Facebook, Everyplay... whatever! Youtube? Sure!
- Various bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Such a fun time with potential
This game is adorably metal with great almost-puzzle feels as you wheel shields around to try to dodge bullets. There is so much potential here. If a version with more content was released as a purchase I would certainly download it. Things like shops and items like binding of Isaac would fit so well here, probably better than BOI on touchscreen. I actually like the infinite nature, it feels like a never ending quest and here that’s a good thing. Thanks for the full heal I’m going down a floor btw. Great job, I really hope to see it grow in the future! It’s so good it deserves it.
A Stroke Of Genius!
This game is a dungeon crawling, action strategy that is not to be missed! Granted, the game could use more content and I’m hoping that the success of The Scrungeon Depths will give this game more support.
I’m completely drawn in by the concept of a defensive stance to dungeon crawling because it brings so much strategy to the table. However, upgrades and loot to suit this “hybrid” style gem would make this game a dungeon crawling, action-strategy RPG and who wouldn’t want to play that!?!? Besides, it’s FREE!!! No IAP’s, No Ads!
Chase Holton is destined to be a household name in the gaming community! Just watch!
After learning the easy tight controls I thought "this won't be bad" but a few moments and many deaths later I said "£$@&!!!" It's worth getting on the fact that there is no ads and no in app purchases and you've got no challenge but to beat your own and your friends high scores! Gwarmbeeeeee!
- Chase Holton
- 85.6 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016 When's Lunch? Games
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.