GymBook - Strength training planner, logger and analyzer
By Salvatore Rocca
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Here is GymBook, your fitness app to efficiently create, log and analyze your workouts at the gym - all in a beautiful and innovative user interface.
MANAGE YOUR WORKOUTS
• Create your workout with your own exercises or choose from the 50 simple exercises with animated images and visualizations of the affected primary and secondary muscle group
• Group and sort your exercises within a workout
• Define the sets, weight and reps you want to perform for each exercise
• Define different settings for your sets of an exercise (e.g. for warm up sets or pyramid training)
• Archive workouts you don't actively use and keep them for statistics or for later use
MANAGE YOUR EXERCISES
• Edit the preloaded exercises
• Create your own exercises (cardio exercises also supported)
• Assign a region, a primary and secondary muscle group and write down notes for your exercises
• Fast logging and tracking of your workout
• Log your workout on your wrist with GymBook for Apple Watch
• Extend your logs with notes to add additional information
• Immediately see how you did last time
• Use the pre-filled picker views for fast logging and Quick-Log for super fast logging
• Quickly access logs from within a workout, including the graphical statistics
• Change the workout date (if you want to log previous workouts)
• Immediately see your exercise statistics in a configurable, interactive line graph
• Move automatically to the next exercise of your workout after saving a log (configurable)
• The workout screen immediately shows a detailed overview about today's workout
• The innovative "Workout Matrix" gives you always a detailed overview about your current workout
• A progress bar lets you always know your overall workout progress
• After completing a workout, a summary shows your performance and lets you analyze your progress compared to last time
• Completed workouts are saved to the Health app (with date, start time, end time, duration and name)
• Time your rests with the adjustable timer which also works when you set your iPhone to sleep or close your app: you can configure your preferred timer duration, have a primary and a secondary timer as well as an exercise specific timer, choose between a classic or a graphical timer, have different timer sounds and more
• Receive a detailed analysis of your performance thanks to the interactive line graphs and/or pie charts
• Export your logs as XML and CSV file and export a backup as a database file
• Track your body weight, calculate your BMI and analyze them in an interactive line graph
• Change the appearance of GymBook and choose from one of 7 great designs
*Some special functions can be purchased via in-app purchases.
SUPPORT: GymBook supports metric (kilograms, meters) and imperial (pounds, feet) system of units.
NOTE: GymBook is developed by gym experts, for gym experts. Therefore it focuses on YOUR workouts and provides only example workouts for better orientation.
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS: Many thanks go to Everkinetic (http://everkinetic.com) from where we have some of the exercise images and inspiration for the others (the enrichment of the images by the affected muscle group is not part of the material provided by Everkinetic).
What's New in Version 4.0.0
• Added 3 additional exercises, which are available with the '+Exercises' feature (and of course the 'Platin' package):
- Standing Dumbbell One-Arm Preacher Curls
- Lat Pull-Downs
- Reverse Lat Pull-Downs
• The images for the Front Lat Pull-Downs and Back Lat Pull-Downs have been optimised. In addition, the name of these exercises has been changed to Wide-Grip Lat Pull-Downs and Wide-Grip Back Lat Pull-Downs to reflect the exercise in the image (go to the settings screen and set the language of your exercises to reset all the exercise names).
•••• If you want to support the further development of GymBook, please consider providing a rating or updating your existing rating in the App Store. This really helps in improving the visibility of the app and in keeping us motivated;-). And if there is something you don't like about GymBook, please let us know using the Feedback function in the app. Many thanks! ••••
I see when developers take care about quality
This is good and quality application Keep going! 🏋 The app works like a charm. Apple Health integration is missing. Dropped some notes few days ago by feedback feature. No response so far😑
This app looks great and is getting better, I think it will help me a lot in finding the right exercise for me 🏋🏽
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jun 11, 2016
- Version: 4.0.0
- Size: 52.6 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Russian
- Seller: Salvatore Rocca
- © 2016 GymBook
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases