GymBook - Strength training planner, logger and analyzer
By Salvatore Rocca
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Here is GymBook, your fitness app to efficiently create, log and analyze your workouts at the gym - all in a beautiful and innovative user interface.
MANAGE YOUR WORKOUTS
● Create your workout with your own exercises or choose from the 50 simple exercises with animated images and visualizations of the affected primary and secondary muscle group
● Group and sort your exercises within a workout
● Define the sets, weight and reps you want to perform for each exercise.
● Define different settings for your sets of an exercise (e.g. for warm up sets or pyramid training)
MANAGE YOUR EXERCISES
● Edit the preloaded exercises
● Create your own exercises (cardio exercises also supported)
● Assign a region, a primary and secondary muscle group and write down notes for your exercises
● Fast logging and tracking of your workout
● Immediately see how you did last time
● Use the pre-filled picker views for fast logging and Quick-Log for super fast logging
● Quickly access logs from within a workout, including the graphical statistics
● Change the workout date (if you want to log previous workouts)
● Immediately see your exercise statistics in a configurable, interactive line graph
● Move automatically to the next exercise of your workout after saving a log (configurable)
● The workout screen immediately shows a detailed overview about today's workout
● The innovative "Workout Matrix" gives you always a detailed overview about your current workout
● A progress bar lets you always know your overall workout progress
● Time your rests with the adjustable timer which also works when you set your iPhone to sleep or close your app: you can configure your preferred timer duration, have a primary and a secondary timer as well as an exercise specific timer, choose between a classic or a graphical timer, have different timer sounds and more.
● Receive a detailed analysis of your performance thanks to the interactive line graphs and/or pie charts
● Export your logs as XML and CSV file
● Track your body weight, calculate your BMI and analyze them in an interactive line graph
● Change the appearance of GymBook and choose from one of 4 great designs
*Some special functions can be purchased via in-app purchases.
SUPPORT: GymBook supports iPhone 4+ and is optimized for iPhone 5. Supports metric (kilograms, meters) and imperial (pounds, feet) system of units.
LOCALIZATION: Multiple language support is currently added for English, German, Italian and partially Russian.
?!? You want the app in your own language? We have created the open source project https://github.com/sallvi/localize-gymbook. If your language is not supported (or you see errors and/or missing translations in one of the supported languages), you can make your contribution and we will integrate it as soon as possible. ?!?
NOTE: GymBook is developed by gym experts, for gym experts. Therefore it focuses on YOUR workouts and provides only example workouts for better orientation.
ACKNOWLEDGMENTS: Many thanks go to Everkinetic (http://everkinetic.com) from where we have some of the exercise images and inspiration for the others (the enrichment of the images by the affected muscle group is not part of the material provided by Everkinetic).
What's New in Version 3.1.0
Introduced workout days and workout notes: you now can define the days you want to perform your workout as well as write down some notes about your workout. On this regard, we also introduced a new workout information screen, with some additional useful information.
Improved the way the grid is shown in the line graphs (the markers now point *exactly* to a value in the graph now).
Fixed a bug that caused the app to crash when using Quick-Log while the picker was open.
#### Thanks to everybody for the feedback and the suggestions for new features! They are all being considered and some of them are already planned for the next release(s) ####
Excellent workout app
Great App that provides a lot of functionalities, a good set of exercises and is continuously being improved by the developers. I’ve been using it for almost 2 years now. I especially love it’s simple design and that fact the App is focused on efficient logging of your workout. With "auto timer" and “automatic move to the next exercises" the only thing I have to do during my training is to log my set;-). Could use some more exercises but I’m sure they are working on it. Good job guys!
Like the app very user friendly. Most common workouts listed with a few missing (planks, preacher curls) but overall I like it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Mar 14, 2015
- Version: 3.1.0
- Size: 19.1 MB
- Languages: English, German, Italian, Russian
- Seller: Salvatore Rocca
- © 2015 GymBook
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases