Gymboss 2 Interval Timer
By Glowdot Productions, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Gymboss 2 is a completely rebuilt update on the immensely popular Gymboss interval timer app.
The Gymboss Interval Timer is a programmable interval timer perfect for cardio workouts and HIIT training.
The Gymboss Interval Timer is the iPhone version of the Gymboss timer available at http://www.gymboss.com and introduces a new, intuitive timer creation interface unlike any other interval timer currently in the app store.
If you like the Gymboss Interval Timer on the iPhone, be sure to check out the Gymboss timer!
The best configurable timer in iTunes
Great app! I gave my wife a Gymboss timer for Christmas and now I have it on my iPod Touch! For FREE even! I used it to configure the cardio workout per Body for Life.
Noticed on reviews in iTunes that some cannot hear the timer sounds through headphones. At first, I also experienced that problem. For some reason, now I don't.
Also related, some complained about not hearing the sounds when music is playing. I had the same problem, but once again, now I do not. Not sure what happened, but I can hear the sounds with my music.
There is a problem with it running in the background. It stalls when it gets to a new interval so I have to leave it running in the front at all times.
My wish list for this app would be:
1. fix the multi-tasking problem
2. ability to have and move several "rounds" not just one at the end
3. better integration with playing music (adjustable volume or like another exercise app I found (and don't use), fades music down so you can hear the tone
4. just a few more sounds would be nice
And for even more development:
5. have a voice that gives you how much time is left and be able to set that (start voice countdown with one minute left in interval and then every "x" seconds with "x" seconds to go)
This app is the best out there, I think, and is certainly the easiest in terms of configuring a routine. So, so easy to make your own routines. I tried all the free ones and you either can't do it or it is too complicated.
No Alerts while locked? No landscape or 4.5" support?
I just got back from my first workout using this timer. It was great, as long as my iPod was on.
I had some issues with the alert volume but I've since worked those out in the settings.
What I'd really like, among just about every other reviewer on here, is to have the alerts work while the device is locked.
It would also be really great if there were a landscape mode.
Since on iPods the headphone jack is on the bottom, I have to set it on its side when resting it in the magazine ledge. This means the display is now sideways and harder to read.
Oh, and 4.5" screen support would be great too.
Otherwise, the app is great. It's easy to program, very versatile, love the tones and the timer (when it's not sideways) is huge and easy to read.
Awesome, especially for the price!
This app is great and does what it says. I have a few notes of constructive criticism, though.
1) When in the background the timer will pause after completing the step it is on. It would be great if you could optionally have it continue in the background (reading a recipe, a book, etc.). Maybe even throw up an optional alert?
2) The timer sounds are a bit quiet when listening to music simultaneously. Louder sound files, volume control, etc. would be nice. Also, it's not obvious but the sounds do not play in the headphones when the main iPhone 'mute' switch is on. Weird.
Otherwise, this is what great freeware is all about! Not even any annoying ads!
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Released: Feb 13, 2012
- Version: 1.021
- Size: 4.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Glowdot Productions, Inc.
- © 2012 Glowdot Productions, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.