By Maryna Kolokolkina
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Praised by pros and trainers as the most capable and flexible workout planner and tracker.
• The only app that can handle any routine and workout.
• Organizes your workouts and helps you reach your goals in strength, muscle size or weight loss. It will empower you with knowledge and revolutionize your workouts.
• Featured in The New York Times, Consumer Reports, The Daily.
FEATURES (Everything is included into the base price. The Pro addition is explained at the end).
• 280 exercises with animations and step by step instructions. You can add your own exercises.
• Text, pictures, animated GIFs and youtube clips can be attached to any exercise.
• 54 workout routines. You can add your own routines.
• Flexible tracking system for strength and cardio workouts, circuit training, Tabata or any other workout type. Supports supersets, several workout sessions a day, freeform notes and much more. Workout history is fully editable.
• The workout logging screen is optimized for fast data entry. It is extremely feature-rich. You can copy data from the history, add new exercises, images and videos, start timers - all within this screen.
• Bodyweight and assisted-weight exercises automatically account for your body weight.
• GymGoal calculates your One Rep Max for every exercise.
• Workout history by muscle shows muscles that you neglect.
• Weekly and rotating schedules support up to 4 workout sessions a day.
• Body measurements tracking plus additional custom trackers.
• The best in class Body Fat tracking module includes a calculator, several skinfolds (calipers) methods, direct entry. Tracks every method and individual skin folds, explains results.
• One-rep Max, BMI, BMR, TDEE, Target Heart Rate calculators and progress tracking.
• Automatic two-way syncing of BMI, BMR, Body Fat, weight and height with Apple Health. Export of burned calories to Apple Health.
• Two-way syncing with RunKeeper - both cardio and strength workouts.
• You don't need an Internet connection - everything is stored on your device.
• Ability to back up your data to the server (free), or to email it. You can copy your data between iPhones and other supported devices.
• Workout logs, measurements, routines and the schedule can be emailed for review and printing. Workout logs can be opened in Excel.
• You can compare your results to other GymGoal users.
• 3 user accounts.
The Pro addition enables the following features:
• 50 user accounts.
• Professional volume load and training intensities tracking.
YOU CAN DEPEND ON GYMGOAL
• GymGoal is in AppStore since 2008. It is used by over a million people, from beginners to pro athletes and trainers, and even in schools.
• Many people have 6 years of detailed workout history in GymGoal. Years of history do not slow GymGoal down.
• Updates will not lose your routines, schedule or workout history. Even if your iPhone breaks, you will be able to restore your data from the server backup.
What's New in Version 7.8.9
- Bug fix for iPad: the "Performed" switch was hidden
+ Workout calories in History and graphs
New in v.7.8
+ Support for landscape iPad orientation.
+ Automatic but fully adjustable calculation of burned calories.
+ History for each workout routine (in addition to the combined workout history and history for each exercise).
+ Additional data export to Apple Health:
• Cycling distance
• Walking/Running distance
Use it 6 times a week
Excellent app. Covers everything I need for a strength, cardio and Pilates workout. I really like the scheduling and the recommended work outs. And, the information on each strength movement is valuable as a reminder even though I've been working out for years with weights. Because of the flexibility of the application, the setup is a bit tedious. Once setup, however, it's a great way to track your workouts on your phone or tablet.
The best there is
I've used Gym Goal since version 1 back in 2010. I've used several fitness apps and I always keep coming back to this one. It has a bit of a learning curve but when you get it figured out, you won't want to use another fitness app. The ONLY thing I can think of that would make this better would be some GPS tracking for outdoor running or cycling. But I don't do either of those so it doesn't really bother me.
Great updates and functionality
I had actually stopped using gym goal for about a year. After upgrading to a iPhone 6+ I decided to give it a try again and found some tweaks had been made to the software. The ability to create your own customized routine using the body map is awesome. The scheduling and timing features are great. My only beef is not being able to sync with a desktop app when creating routines and plans that cover longer periods of time.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Jun 26, 2015
- Version: 7.8.9
- Size: 60.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Maryna Kolokolkina
- © 2008-2015 SmalTek
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro features$5.99