Häagen-Dazs Concerto Timer
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Just as wine needs to breathe, Häagen-Dazs® ice cream needs to soften for a few minutes after you remove your carton from the freezer. This way, you can taste all the rich and creamy flavor of our fresh world-class ingredients.
But it’s hard to wait. We know.
And that’s why we created the Häagen-Dazs Concerto Timer app. Just open the app and point your camera at the lid of any Häagen-Dazs carton, and you will instantly experience a virtual violin concerto perfectly timed to allow your Häagen-Dazs ice cream to soften to the perfect consistency for a taste that’s truly made like no other.®
What's New in Version 1.21
fixed Peppermint Bark tracking
pioneering; several suggestions for future versions perhaps?
I have never bothered to write reviews for any apps. Yet this app is too amazing for me to remain silent. :)
As a designer, musician, and a Haagen Dazs fan, I can't describe how dazzled and impressed when I found this app. This concerto timer app creates a feast, which brings together tastes, sound, and vision. Since the app is already so wonderful, my perfectionism kicks in and wishes Concerto Timer could be ultimately perfect.
1. On the scanning page where you have the 'share' icon and 'facebook' etc.. the icons are somehow pixelated. This will be something easy to fix.
2. To be more precise, I suppose the time it takes for ice cream, sorbet, and gelato will be different? Thus should there be repertoires with various lengths?
3. I think it will be cool if there's crescendo when I hold the camera closer to the lid and decrescendo when I withdraw from the lid. So the sound is more interactive in this way?
4. I was somehow expecting that there would be different pieces, or different instruments assigned to different flavors. It will also be stunning if we can scan more than two cartons. Then there will be a chamber music group! (Well I am also aware that it will probably take a long time to develop and the app may become really heavy :P)
anyway, just some random thoughts I had when I was enjoying my ice cream.
GREAT JOB! :)
I was blown away by this app! Being a Häagen-Dazs aficionado(dulce de leche caramel), I had to try it. It's a beautiful hologram of a girl playing classical music on a violin. If you move the pint around, depending on the angle, it looks like she's coming out of the lid! 4 stars because it requires you have to have the lid within the view of your iDevice's camera lens. Once it's out of sight, the timer stops. Besides that annoyance, it's great. I'll have to see if it's a different song/musician on other favors!
PS- doesn't work on Ben & Jerry's!
This app is great, to anyone who is struggling getting it to work just put the camera towards the top of the lid. Not the underhalf and make sure to keep it facing the lid the whole performance or it will stop also try turning your volume on for notifications with the little switch thing then turn it up if you're having problems with sound. now I'm going to go enjoy my yummy icecream and show this app to my family.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 06, 2013
- Version: 1.21
- Size: 39.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Goodby, Silverstein & Partners, Inc.
- © 2013 Goodby, Silverstein & Partners
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.