By Gravity Mobile
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
HABU™ music creates killer playlists to match your every mood.
As your music collection continues to grow, HABU makes it super-easy to navigate your expansive music collection, create playlists on the fly and share what you're listening to with your friends.
• Analyze and navigate a highly personalized mood map of your music library.
• Generate mood-based playlists powered by Gracenote, the largest and most comprehensive global database of music information in the world.
• Edit to add/remove or reorder songs in your mood-based playlists.
• Discover new music based on songs from your music library.
• Play music that fits your mood---100 granular moods and 25 grouped moods organize your music by characteristics such as Sensual, Peaceful, Cool, and Rowdy.
• Playback music from iCloud.
• Learn from your music collection. Are you a Happy Energetic person or Somber Melancholy? HABU knows.
• Enjoy HABU in 10 languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Japanese, Chinese (Traditional) and Chinese (Simplified).
What people are saying about HABU:
“HABU takes the music you already liked enough to load onto your iDevice and thoughtfully divvies them up into mood-centric playlists.” - TechCrunch
"Music that strikes the right chord on your heartstrings." – 148apps.com
“Bringing no less than emotional intelligence to music discovery” – mocoloco.com
“HABU [generates] tailored playlists at the touch of a finger, empowering the user to browse even the most prolific music collections.” – CoolHunting.com
“At some point, your music collection changed from a curation problem to a data management problem. HABU is here to help.” – Fast Co.Design
What's New in Version 2.2.0
Improved library analysis
Now Habu works in the car! Connect Habu with Ford SYNC®.
You can shuffle playlists- look under the Options button.
Great idea works pretty well. Just a few things...
I like this software I use it most days asa I go to and from work to match my mood. With 4500 songs on my phone its invaluable. There are only a few problems. It does not analyze songs in the background. You have to leave your phone open and the app up front to get the analysis done. Next song titles and lyrics are not part of the dark/positive analysis. So new are songs with dark lyrics and cruel titles end up in categories like soulful groove or romantic. The beat can be deceiving. I wish they would team up with a content analysis company and make the ratings better. Lastly and this is the most frustrating thing. there is no matching Mac Application that can help manage the playback of the 119+ GB of music on my mac. I would love to sit in my office and be able to pull the full range of music from my system based on my mood or the work I’m trying to accomplish. Imagine being able to designate a mood based playlist or two for transfer to the phone or iPad. (I run this on both.) Great Work. I would gladly ship you a few dollars for a mac version.
This app is almost dead.
You can't export your playlist to iTunes or the music app.
The 25 moods is too few for my taste but 100 masses the dots extremely hard to navigate on an iPhone 6 plus.
The like songs feature only is there to sell music on iTunes. Why can't I chose related songs in my library?
It's not a bad app, but never evolved. It has iTunes Match support which is fantastic. The moods are mostly accurate (is only referencing a database so there are a few, huh? Mood songs). This is probably the best app I've been able to find like this but far from perfect.
Good but not great
I've been looking for an app that will create playlists from my music for a while now. This one works pretty well although I wish there was more control over how you create the playlists. For example, I wish you could pick genres instead of just using moods. (I assume a mood is just based on the bpm). Perhaps if they connected with soundcloud they can get genre details. Or at least thats what my old favorite app Groove used to do.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 24, 2015
- Version: 2.2.0
- Size: 7.5 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Gravity Mobile
- 2014 © Gracenote
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.