By Mohawk Apps, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
If Y Combinator is your first and only stop for tech news or just a great way to keep up with the world of technology, Hacker Bar will keep you up to date.
Hacker Bar lives in the Mac menu bar and provides a steady stream of the top news stories from the Y Combinator news aggregator. Here are some of Hacker Bar’s great features.
- Grabs the top stories from Y Combinator and seamlessly refreshes them as they update using the Firebase.io Hacker News official API.
- Puts a check mark beside each viewed story. Never again wonder if a link has been visited and use this feature to quickly jump back to any interesting article.
- Allows multiple stories to open in a new tab by group linking articles. If the web browser is open and the active application, stories will open in the background without closing the Hacker Bar menu.
- Gives easy access to comments with a click of the comment count bubble. Here, registered users can up-vote articles and get flame wars started even faster!
- Can be set to auto start on login, never missing another great Y Combinator story!
Hacker Bar will keep every person interested in the tech world hooked into the news from Y Combinator in seamless simplicity. Download the App today to quickly and discretely check Hacker News.
Hacker Bar and Mohawk Apps, LLC are not affiliated with Y Combinator or Hacker News. This application is Open Source! https://github.com/MohawkApps/Hacker-Bar
What's New in Version 1.2.0
- Updated to use the official Hacker News API
- Support for Yosemite "Dark Mode"
- Speed improvements and other misc fixes.
Don't forget, Hacker Bar is open source! Check out the whole change list here: https://github.com/MohawkApps/Hacker-Bar/compare/v1.1.1...v1.2.0