Read Hacker News (https://news.ycombinator.com/) articles and comments with this clean, simple, modern looking and fast performing universal app.
• Upvote stories
• Upvote or downvote comments
• One touch saving to Pocket or Readability to read it later
• Visited stories/comments can be accessed offline for 2 days
• Share Articles, Comments & user profiles
• A beautiful design user interface with loads of customizable options
• Change color, font and text size
• Night theme (Dark Theme)
Filter stories by
• Ask/Show HN
• Today/Yesterday/Week's best stories
• Noob/Newest stories
• Who is hiring? & Freelancers
• YC Jobs
• Share stories and comments
• Articles are presented in a readable mode using readability.
• Options to open other links in built in or external browser
• Poll result as a bar chart
• Tap on the "Time ago" in the comment to collapse the comment and replies
• Tap on the user id to see user's profile
* Opening external links in the app browser
Ratings and Reviews
Great, with one complaint
I greatly prefer reading articles with the normal page rendering, and would prefer they be presented that way by default. On any given HN article, everything from the page formatting, to the labels, the icons, the font, etc give a mental frame to what I'm reading. Taking that all away via "Readability" is disorienting. I'd really appreciate an option to choose the default page renderer.
Aaand, I'd gladly pay for it.
Started crashing recently
Love this app. But recently it started crashing. It doesn't display comments anymore and clicking on a comment crashes the app instantly. I suspect this might be due to recent hacker news changes related to comments. I tried to find developer's contact but couldn't find. Writing this review in hope of developer seeing it and fixing the app.
Great app, Iphone X support please! :)
I would gladly pay for this app, some improvements that come to mind:
-iphone X support
-when sharing an article, it doesn't display the title in messages, messenger, etc, unlike when sharing a link directly to hacker news
- Dharmesh Patel
- 3.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2018 premii.com
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.