Hadzic's Peripheral Nerve Blocks and Anatomy for Ultrasound-Guided Regional Anesthesia, 2e
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOTE: This free app contains the first chapter to preview. Access to the complete title requires an in app purchase of $149.99.
Hadzic's Peripheral Nerve Blocks delivers practical, state-of-the-art guidance for all major nerve block procedures, including ultrasound-guided nerve blocks. A standardized,user-friendly presentation provides meticulous, step-by-step instructions for each procedure. The second edition has been completely updated to include new developments, the latest equipment, and hundreds of new photographs.
Key Selling Features:
• NEW chapters on ultrasound-guided nerve blocks
• All NEW illustrations and and photographs of the highest quality
• Twice as many blocks covered compared to the previous edition.
• NEW video provides detailed and crystal clear instruction on the most popular nerve blocks.
About the Author
Admir Hadzic, MD, PhD (New York, NY) Professor of Clinical Anesthesiology, Columbia University College of Physicians & Surgeons; Director of Regional Anesthesia, St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
Updated the app for iOS 6.0 fixes.
I was so hopeful for this book but the way this book is formatted makes it prohibitive to reading. I am so hopeful for an update that will improve the overall layout and readability.
What I like:
-all the text, images, and video in the book are here, so the content is good
What I don't like:
- I want to feel like I'm reading a book, not an app. There is no fluidity to the layout. Each chapter is divided into sections and to go to the next section you have to tap the arrow that is always at the top of the screen. No swiping, no gestures, just an arrow that is always there.
- the top of the screen is wasted space, there is a big gray bar with the title of the book, and below that is the arrows to move between sections and to move to the next chapter. I don't want to see all that stuff all the time at the expense of screen real estate.
- the pictures are small and require a tap to open, meaning you can't read the text and see the picture at the same time which is awful for an atlas where you need to see pictures and text simultaneously. Please, embed the pictures into the text!
- when you tap an image, the caption accompanying the image is hidden requiring an additional tap to show. Why?
- the search function is pretty poor.
- why is there a button always on the screen to delete history? It's not that important that it needs to be displayed at all times.
- there is a button to email: I thought it would be so I could email myself a portion of the text or something. Nope. It's a button to email my friends about how they should buy the app. Why is that one of the main. Buttons.
- There is only an iPad version. So basically you buy a digital copy that only works on one device. Needs to be available for all iOS devices or at least online.
I really hope they update the app and fix some of this stuff because right now I feel pretty ripped off paying more than the physical copy for a book that is so annoying to navigate that I can't even focus on what I'm reading.
- Category: Medical
- Updated: Jan 11, 2013
- Version: 1.0.1
- Size: 382 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: McGraw-Hill Higher Education
- © The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Hadzic's Nerve Blocks$149.99