Hairy Maclary from Donaldson's Dairy
By Penguin New Zealand Pty Ltd
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The immensely popular Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy is now available as an interactive QBook with wonderful narration by David Tennant (Doctor Who). It has also had video narration in 3 sign languages; NZSL, AUSLAN & ASL
Run your fingers over the text to hear the story and touch any word to hear and see it spoken and spelt. You can even colour in pages of the story and record your own voice. Hear the barking dogs and the ferocious yowl of Scarface Claw, all part of the interactive experience, giving children and parents’ hours of fun. This is not only a marvellous story, but a superb aid for early learning and literacy development.
It was thirty years ago that a small black dog stepped out of the imagination of author and illustrator Lynley Dodd and onto the pages of a picture book. This book, Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy, is now famous the world over and the 20 titles in the Hairy Maclary and friends series have now sold more than six million copies worldwide.
Hairy Maclary from Donaldson’s Dairy combines simple narrative storytelling with virtuoso use of rhythm and rhyme, and Dodd’s gentle but energetic watercolour illustrations depict characters that are as well loved as they are mischievous.
• Tap the language button to view the new "Australian sign language" feature.
• Swipe-to-Read™ the words to hear and playback the story at your own pace.
• Touch-to-Hear™ individual words spoken.
• Touch-to-Spell™ to hear the letters that spell each and every word.
• Auto Play to enjoy the narration.
• Use the My Narration function to read and record the story yourself and customize your book.
• Paint mode can be used on each story page!
• Paint has a paint palette, brush width, move and zoom, and undo abilities!
• Tap the paint palette icon and tap a color to change the paint color!
• Tap the brush palette icon and change the slider to change the brush size!
This QBook includes the narration, text, and user interface in this language:
UK English narrated by David Tennant (Doctor Who)
AUSLAN (Australian Sign) signed by Alex Jones
ASL (American Sign) signed by Alex Jones
NZSL (New Zealand Sign Language) signed by Josje Lelijveld
© & ™ Hairy Maclary and Friends, Lynley Dodd, 2010
licensed by Penguin Group (NZ)
Compatible with iPad, iPhone
Requires iOS 5.1+
Patent Protection 532174
Patent Pending - All rights reserved
Kiwa Digital produces multi-language digital content, creates IT solutions and develops products and services for the digital publishing and entertainment industries.
What's New in Version 3.3
- Minor bug fixes
- NZSL added for Sign Language Week
- Category: Books
- Updated: May 07, 2014
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 225 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Penguin New Zealand Pty Ltd
- © 2010 Kiwa Digital Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.