Get ready for your first Marathon by training with Hal Higdon the best known running author and athlete. His training programs have helped thousands reach their running goals, and this marathon app will help you get to the starting line with confidence.
Hal Higdon's many accomplishments include:
* Author of 35 books, including the best-selling Marathon: The Ultimate Training Guide and a new novel, Marathon
* Completed 111 marathons winning four overall as well as numerous age-group firsts
* Holds the current M40 and M45 American records for the steeplechase
* Is one of the founders of Round Runners Club of America
* Has contributed to Runner's World magazine longer than any other writer
ABOUT THE TRAINING PLAN - NOVICE 1
This Novice 1 Marathon Training Program is designed both for beginning runners who want to prepare for their first 26.2-mile race, but also for experienced runners interested in a fail safe program that will allow them to excel without making excessive demands upon their time.
Novice 1 is designed for newcomers, individuals who have done very little or even no running before. If you are fit enough to finish the Week 1 long run of 6 miles--even if you have to walk the distance--Novice 1 will get you ready to complete a marathon in 18 weeks.
Before starting to train for a marathon, you need to possess a basic fitness level. If you are over age 35, you probably should see your doctor for a physical exam, but assuming no major health problems, most healthy people can train themselves to complete a 26.2-mile race.
The training plan assumes you have the ability to run 3 miles, three to four times a week. If that seems difficult, consider a shorter distance for your first race. You can try our best selling Ease into 5K app which will prepare you to run 3 miles three times a week.
* Novice 1 training plan
* Eighteen weeks long
* Run four days a week
* Cross train one day a week
* Rest two days a week
* Two regular runs a week + one long run each week
* Long runs range from 6 to 20 miles
* The plan finishes with the Marathon race day
* New - You can set Saturday or Sunday race day
* Hal Higdon's voice will encourage you during your runs
* Distance and pace automatically tracked with built in GPS
* Metric units support
* Training schedule at your fingertips
* Set your training start date based on the race date
* Home screen shows a visual indicator of your training progress
* Select your own music and skip tracks without leaving the app
* Half point alert, letting you know when to turn back
* Share your workouts on Facebook and Twitter right from your app
* Lock Buttons feature prevents accidental button activation during workouts
* Excellent customer support
* Journal screen lets you document your run
* Keep track of your runs on the in app calendar
* Beautiful graphs show your progress
* Set a goal for distance, pace, weight loss, and distance ran
* See your run on a map
* Sync your runs with TrainingPeaks software online directly from your mobile device
Because this app needs accurate location information, this app requires a device with a GPS antenna, therefore the app works with iPhone 3G, 3GS, iPhone 4, and 4GS and is not compatible with the iPod touch.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
Compatible with iOS 9.0, requires iOS 6.0 or greater.
Restored posting to Facebook
Ratings and Reviews
Not worth the $$.
Hal Higdon's training program is great. This app is not. Ugly confusing interface and frequent crashes. Just print out a training calendar for free.
Won’t stay active while running
Good program for the training. My only issue is the program will shut off during a run and stop tracking distance. This has happened more than once. Went for a run today and heard progress reports thru 1 1/2 Miles, then the program stopped. Update, tried again a week later, program stayed on .1 mile then stopped. Not worth the money. Strava is free and works.
Outdated and buggy
I used to love using this app for my first marathon training plan, but it hasn't been updated in a couple of years so it doesn't seem to be fully compatible with the latest iOS. When I use it now, it is super buggy and irritating. For example, I kept getting time, distance, etc alert every 2 seconds where the alert couldn't even finish speaking so all i ended up hearing for 3 miles was "time", "time 2 min", "time", and on and on and on. Please update and fix these bugs!!
- Bluefin Software, LLC
- 38.2 MB
- Health & Fitness
- Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Bluefin Software, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- Optional 3 Month Subscription $4.99
- Optional 6 Month Subscription $8.99
- Optional 12 Month Subscription $14.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.