By David Lippke
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A companion app to Halfmile's 2015 Pacific Crest Trail printed map set to aid navigation on the PCT. The app determines your location and, if on the PCT or one of its side trails, it calculates trail distances to over 3,000 PCT landmarks and presents any trail notes relevant for the location. Should a hiker stray off-trail, the app includes a live trail diagram to aid navigation back to the trail.
Other features of the app include:
* Simulation mode for hike planning and hiker support
* Provides specific "how to walk there" instructions for all points
* Live trail diagram with optional compass orientation
* Calculates cumulative elevation gains and losses to all points
* Powerful search function for features like water sources, campsites, and resupply locations
* Calculates which printed map pages contain your location
* Works without cell phone service
* Download and Go -- no extra configuration or data needed
The Pacific Crest Trail is a 2,650 mile National Scenic Trail that
runs from Mexico to Canada through California, Oregon and Washington.
What's New in Version 1.5.4
Halfmile's PCT is now synchronized with the official 2015 Halfmile maps and GPS data. Over 1000 new waypoints have been added, all waypoint descriptions and notes have been reviewed and adjusted, and over 90% of the PCT track data has been replaced using much higher accuracy sources than before. In addition, various small fixes and enhancements have been made to improve readability.
Works perfect, what more do you want