Halide - RAW Manual Camera
By Chroma Noir LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
“This iOS Camera App Brings Out the Pro in Amateurs”
“Lavish, tactile, respectful, illuminating, gorgeous.”
“Halide has the potential transform how you make photos with your phone.”
“This sort of maniacal attention to the smallest of details deserves to be celebrated.”
- Daring Fireball
Halide is a groundbreaking camera app for deliberate and thoughtful photography. With high-end tools and beautiful details, Halide is your go-to camera when you want to really take a photo rather than a quick snapshot.
Use gestures in Halide’s to change exposure and manual focus. Customize controls to adapt the app to your needs. Halide’s professional tools include focus peaking, a detailed histogram, adaptive level grid, and RAW support.*
- Beautiful, intuitive gesture-based interface
- Focus peaking* and powerful manual focus
- Full manual controls including exposure, ISO and white balance
- Live histogram for perfect exposure*
- Captures RAW or JPG for the best quality shots*
- Grid overlay with built-in level
- Quick-review of your last few shots
- Intelligent automatic and manual mode
Focus peaking requires iPhone 5S or later (5S, 6, 6S, 7, SE)
Histogram requires iPhone 6 or later. (6, 6S, 7, SE)
RAW require 6S or later. (6S, 7, SE)
What's New in Version 1.1.0
We’re excited to launch Halide 1.1. This update focuses on your feedback, and continues to polish the overall experience. Let’s go!
- Volume button capture: press the volume button on your phone to take a photo
- Focus peaking v2: Now smarter, faster and more accurate as well as 100% more green. It stands out better and shows you what is in focus perfectly. Now available on iPhone 5S!
- JPEG MAX: If you’re on a camera that doesn’t support RAW (such as the forward facing camera) there’s a MAX button in the Quick Bar that enables higher quality JPEGs with full 4:4:4 color
- We now capture photos even faster: the shutter button is even more responsive, and we avoid capture delays by "warming up" the camera on launch
- Haptic feedback in the Level Grid
- Easier to tap icons in the Quick Bar
- Optimizations to save battery
- Italian Localization. Prendere alcune foto!
We fixed an annoying conflict with low-power mode that prevented you from taking a photo or saving it.
We also fixed a number of crashes and other bugs. If you still have problems, email us at email@example.com and we’ll get right on it.
If you love Halide, we'd be very thankful if you rated us. We don't prompt in-app, and ratings get reset with updates, so every bit helps.
— Ben & Sebastiaan
The Best Camera App
I have tried all the top recommended camera apps and Halide is the best in my opinion. I use my iPhone (for ease sake and I am not that great with DSLRs) to take photos of my silver jewelry and the standard phone options just don't cut it. The Halide app allows me to create amazing crisp and clear photos of my jewelry and lifestyle/works in progress photos for social media with just the automatic mode. I plan to learn about the manual options soon but for now, the automatic option works great. The Halide app is perfect for beginners as well as professional photographers. Just get the app, you won't regret it!
Permits high fidelity control of light exposure, image focus, and shutter speed + more.
This application is a well-thought-out emulation of the fidelity of exposure, focus, speed and other controls that were once available on higher-end nondigital cameras and which are presently enjoyed on today's higher-end digital cameras. These precision controls plus moving the shutter to the volume button give the feel of using an actual camera instead of a cell phone. This is becoming one of my all-time favorite applications. I am using an iPhone 6+.
The front-facing camera does not support RAW capture (a limitation of iOS). The new support for MAX JPEG capture is the next best thing! This mode captures a LOT more information than the built-in camera app, making these photos much more suitable for editing.
Previously, I only used Halide for capturing RAW photos and used the built-in Camera app for selfies. No more! I will now use Halide for ALL my photos, and my edited selfies will look much better as a result.