By Pignology, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Now with rig control! See http://pignology.net/pigtail
HamLog is an amateur radio logging and tools application. It is meant for use when operating portable from the field or mobile (drive safe!). It does a lot more than just logging, see the list below. HamLog supports iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.
* Contact Logging and search
* Rig control via the Pigtail device from Pignology
* Create A Log - Custom Log
* QRZ XML Integration for QRZ Subscribers
* HamQTH XML Integration
* Export via email as ADIF, CSV, or eQSL.cc
* Import ADIF
* Automatic name/QTH resolution based on callsign (either QRZ XML, HamQTH (free), or Pignology DB (free))
* Independent callsign look up tool
* QRZ XML Subscriber Support
* CloudSynch: Synch your contacts to the web and other iOS/Mac devices. See http://hamlog.it for more information.
* Voice Macros: record yourself and play to VOX
* HamStack Control interface: see http://hamstack.com for more information.
* QSO Recording
* Great Circle Maps
* Q signal list
* IARU Prefixes List
* DXCC Entities List
* US Band Plan
* International Band Plans
* QRZ Look Up via Web
* Weather Forecasting
* Dupe Finder
* Latest DX Spots from DX Summit
* ADIF Export, both full and time range
* CSV Export
* Grid Square tool using GPS
* Manual Grid Square Calculator given lat/long
* Bearing (and long path) calculation given two grid squares,
* WWV Propagation report
* Contest Calendar
* DXpedition Calendar
* Wavelength Calculator
* UTC Clock
* ITU Phonetic Alphabet
* CW Helper: plays single character upon selection
* Temperature Converter
* Length Converter
* RST Explained info
* PSKReporter.info search and map display
* DX Cluster - real time telnet access
* Grid to map - enter gridsquare and it will display it on a map
* Solar Data from N0NBH (www.hamqsl.com/solar)
* DTMF Tone Generator
* Net Lists and notifications
* Part 97 - Full Text
* Field Day Logging
* iTunes File Sharing - For data backup and ADIF import - Drop somelogfile.adi into the file sharing pane and press Tools -> Import ADIF. somelogfile.adi should be lowercase until I get an update to recognize uppercase filenames.
* Landscape and Portrait on the iPad
*** I try to implement just about every request I receive and fix just about every complaint I receive or see in the reviews. If you leave a complaint in a review please leave your callsign so I can get in touch with you to fix your problem, or email me directly. I cannot reply to reviews.
Please NOTE: This application is not meant to replace a more formal method of logging such as a computer based logging application or the classic paper method. It is more for quick logging while portable or mobile. Personally, I transfer all contacts to paper after coming back from field QRP fun.
Regarding IMPORTING: As of December 8, 2010, HamLog support importing ADIF files. Please visit http://n3wg.com/hamlog for an example of how to import.
I will happily respond to feedback, entertain feature requests, and answer questions directly, please contact me at the email address listed on n3wg.com or QRZ.
Please visit www.n3wg.com for a full set of screenshots.
Field Day Logging Info:
Sections logged include: Date/time,Mode, Band, Callsign, Class, Section, Operator, Comment
Exporting: Exporting logs from the Field Day tool is via e-mail in the form of a CSV file that any spreadsheet program can open.
Dup Detection: The app does the standard dup detection you would see in a PC/Mac based app. There is no inter-device dup detection. Dup detection between devices is an exercise left to the exported spreadsheet application of choice.
iPad Specifics: Sections worked are shown vs sections not worked for each zone.
NOTE: While I try my best to ensure this Field Day logger is fault tolerant, I can make no guarantees or warranties. Please test and become familiar with it before using it live during Field Day.
What's New in Version 5.100
* Fixed crash bug when looking up callsign information.
* Fixed number bar on contact search view
* Added a setting to auto-focus callsign field
* Fixed issue with hovering view in CreateALog
* Redesigned US Band Plan tool.
* Removed DXpedition Calendar tool.
* Disabled spell check on CloudSynch username/password fields.
Big Phone Screen Fixes:
* Fixed alignment of contact fields
* Fixed alignment of fields on UTC clock
* Fixed alignment on Grid Square tool
* Fixed alignment on Grid Calc tool
* Fixed alignment on Grid to Map tool
* Fixed alignment on Lat/Lng/Deg/Min tool
* Fixed alignment on Azimuth Calc tool
* Fixed alignment on Wavelength Calc tool
* Fixed alignment on WWV Prop tool
* Fixed alignment on DTMF Tone Gen. tool
* Fixed alignment on DTMF Memories tool
* Fixed alignment on CW Gen 4SLink tool
* Fixed alignment on ADIF Import tool
* Fixed alignment on eQSL.cc Export tool
* Fixed alignment on DX Cluster tool
* Fixed alignment on Audio Recording tool
Great app... does it all
I originally rated this app lower because the Lookup feature was broken due to the iOS11 update. This was not found out until after I purchased it.
Tip to developers: if you app doesn’t work because of an iOS update, let buyers know.
Anyhow, now that it has been updated, it works like a champ and has all the tools any ham could possibly need.
I like this app a lot, it covers everything I need in a logger, and the wide assortment of tools are pure gravy. There’s a huge amount of simple convenience built in, such as UTC timestamping, callsign lookup and autofill, and replicating values. The developer is very responsive, too.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 03, 2017
- Version: 5.100
- Size: 15.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Pignology, LLC
- © Pignology, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.