The Hammerhead One App for iPhone shows you the best places to ride a bicycle. Find your way and discover new ones.
Battery Use Disclaimer: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life
- Accurate and comprehensive maps in over 190 countries
- Easy to use Route Building Interface
- Companion app for the Hammerhead One navigation tool
- Make Routes with multiple waypoints, optimized for Cycling
- Share the Route with your friends via iMessage, Email, Twitter, Facebook and WhatsApp
- Navigate and ride along your Route using the Hammerhead One Device mounted on your bicycle handlebar
- Offline Navigation, no need for internet or phone network once the route has been created on the app
- View Local history of previously taken Routes
- Open a Shared Route you've received from another user
- Over the Air (OTA) upgrade of the device firmware
- Import routes from external sources like GPX
- Upload your rides to Strava
- Racing on Strava Live Segments (available for premium Strava users)
- Updated: Sharing of Routes
- Fixed: Minor Bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Great app, great device.
Once I overcame the Bluetooth issue, it works like a charm.
What about Karoo?
This app only knows about Hammerhead One. What about Hammerhead’s newer device, Karoo?
Half baked not ready for release
So the hardware finally arrived and I was all excited to take it for a ride. Wow, this is beta ware at best. To start there is currently almost no documentation which is frustrating and second the app is very non-intuitive. Considering how long this took, what were folks working on all this time? So to plan a route as far as I can tell you either go to a specific destination and it picks the route or you loop from one place. Then you painfully have to add waypoints to make it go where you want. So nicely you drag waypoints around, but to add a new waypoint you awkwardly pull down a menu select add waypoint which then demands an address??? Seriously, I just want to pick what streets I'm on, let me click to add a waypoint or like google maps let me drag the route. I've never seen cut sheets of rides include house addresses! Then I finally got my ride created after 20 mins and accidentally hit "ride". Oops, and hit "end ride". It then of course wiped my entire route without confirmation. No way to get it back that I see. If I could import strava maps like promised I'd put up with it, or be able to use a web interface, but this is painful on a phone... I hope some upcoming updates fix this! Hardware seems great though...
- Raveen Beemsingh
- 120.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2015 Hammerhead Navigation Inc.,
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.