This app now includes the following animations:
• Deep Transverse Metacarpal Ligament
• Scapholunate Interosseous Ligament
• Flexor Retinaculum of Wrist (aka Transverse Carpal Ligament)
• Ulnar Collateral Ligament of the Thumb
• Hook Grip
• Key Grip
• Pinch Grip
• Power Grip
• Arthroplasty with cement
• Arthroplasty without cement
• Avascular Necrosis (Kienbock's disease)
• Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
• CTS release surgery
• Rheumatoid Arthritis
Hand & Wrist Pro III gives users an in depth look and allows them to cut, zoom and rotate the hand & wrist. Hand & Wrist Pro III provides multiple cross sections (Sagittal, Coronal and Transverse) as well as the ability to cut away different layers revealing the muscles, blood vessels, nerves and connective tissue down to the skeleton.
For a brief overview of how this app works - please visit: http://applications.3d4medical.com/handwrist_pro.php
• 360 degree, 3D horizontal rotation of the hand & wrist for Anterior, Lateral, Posterior, and Medial views - with a swipe of your mouse.
• Multiple 3D cross sections (Sagittal, Coronal, and Transverse) - with the swipe of your mouse.
• Ability to cut away different layers down to the bone.
• Each cross section shows muscle, nervous, vascular and skeletal systems with detailed information on each system - with the click of a pin.
• 125 images of every nerve, muscle and vessel isolated.
• 47 animations highlighting muscle movement and joint function.
• 208 audio pronunciations - one for every label.
• Origin and Insertion points of each muscle mapped on to the bone.
• 2 types of Quizzes: Drag and Drop and Multi-choice.
• Draw on any screen image and then share it through email, Facebook or Twitter.
OTHER NEW FEATURES:
• Full Screen Mode: One click and the app fills the screen.
• Graphical Hints: On screen hints that can be turned on or off, for a complete understanding of all the app's features.
• Interface: Comprehensively built to allow for simple navigation.
• Mix layers: Make one layer semitransparent to compare against another layer.
• Public Notes: Post or browse through shared public notes.
• Double-click to zoom: Zoom in to and identify any part of the hand & wrist by clicking on the screen.
• Super Zoom and Pan: When zoomed in to an area, you can double-click again for a super zoom. To move the image, just press and hold your right-click button.
• Customize Pins: Add your own pins and notes or add notes to existing pins.
• Customize the app: Use the Settings function to choose which pins appear within the app - customize to different levels, i.e. high school, nurses, doctors, etc…
This app’s primary use is as a learning tool and can also be used as a fast and innovative reference tool by utilizing the index function which allows the user to select any pin in the app -- and the app will automatically find and identify it.
Additionally, this app is ideal for physicians, educators, or professionals in helping explain certain conditions, ailments and/or injuries.
Ratings and Reviews
Made for ipad, Not really great on a mac
First of all, the app is beautiful, but it looks like it was designed for iPad and not for the mac. It requires finger gestures to really work effectively that you cant really do with a mouse. it will often start spinning out of control. Its basically like a anatomy book, but only has a few views, and adds specific layers of tissue. Its annoying you can only rotation on one axis. The animations are really cool and useful. I just wish this was a little more robust on the mac machine. I also have the iphone version and its way cheaper and more stable and mor platform appropriate.
Each of these apps are great. I use them daily in my Sports Medicine practice in showing patients. Animations are helpful. Well done.
This tool has been great for grad school! The level of detail in this app is unbelievable! Thanks!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.