HanDBase for iPad - Database Manager
By DDH Software, LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Powerful relational database manager now available for the iPad!
Please Note: This version is optimized for the iPad, if you have an iPhone, there is a separate version available in the App Store.
Track almost anything. Examples:
Shopping Lists,DVD Collections,Passwords,Prayer Lists,To Dos,Workouts,Recipes,Checkbook,Weight Loss,Auto Mileage
Patient Lists,Billing Codes,Charge Capture
* Create and Edit Databases right on your iPad
* 19 different field types
* Relational- link between different database tables
* Sorting,Filtering, and Customized Views
* Field level Encryption
* Optional Forms Designer available via In-App Purchase
* Desktop Connect- connect via web browser and load/save databases, import/export
* Databases emailed to you can be opened from the mail program and synced right into HanDBase
* Backup and Install databases directly from the iTunes cabled interface.
* Integration w/ HanDBase Gallery-download over 2000 templates
* Support for photos, GPS/Maps, and barcode scanning via camera equipped devices
We are a world leader in the mobile database space and have compatible solutions (sold separately) for desktops, synchronization to programs like Microsoft Access, SQL Server, Filemaker, and most ODBC enabled apps. See our web site for more details and options: http://www.ddhsoftware.com/iPad
Please Note: The HanDBase database format does not support Unicode, so while English and most European languages are supported, other languages are not.
What's New in Version 4.9.073
fixed missing icons when editing popups on newer OS releases
Not worth the effort
This app has a lot of potential, but it's honestly not worth the effort to set up. The developers don't really seem to "get" iOS app design. For example, when creating a database, there are 100 possible fields in a database, which are presented in a list. This list cannot be reordered, so if you need to add a field between the current field 3 and field 4 in a list of 20 fields, you'd have to change every field from 4-21, instead of adding one field and just moving it to the position you want it to be. Another example: when entering data in an integer-only field, the app doesn't bring up the numeric keyboard, so there are extra key presses required every time just to bring up the number keys.
It may be a good database, but the interface is so bad I never really got to the point that I'd be willing to use it.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 22, 2016
- Version: 4.9.073
- Size: 25.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: DDH Software, LLC
- © 1997-2016 DDH Software, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- HanDBase Forms Designer for iPad$4.99