HANDi has been developed by the paediatric team at Musgrove Park Hospital to provide expert support to parents/carers and medical professionals looking after children with the most common childhood illnesses:
- Diarrhoea (gastroenteritis)
- Chesty child (wheeze and asthma)
- Chesty baby (bronchiolitis)
- High temperature
- Abdominal pain
- Common newborn problems
Parent/carer guidance includes illness specific home assessment guidelines, signposting to the appropriate local healthcare setting, and illness information. Each of the 6 most common childhood illnesses has a Home Care Plan to help parents/carers provide the best support for their child.
Assessment guidelines are provided for healthcare professionals in the community and in the hospital environment. Guidelines have been developed using a traffic light system that guides professionals to the most appropriate healthcare advice, support or referral for the individual child. These integrated guidelines should help parents/carers feel that they are getting consistent advice wherever and whenever their child is seen.
Both parents/carers and healthcare professionals are encouraged to look at each of the three pathways for each of the 6 most common conditions.
Updated survey for B&NES CCG
- Musgrove park hospital
- 6.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Copyright C 2015 Musgrove Park Hospital Taunton and Somerset NHS Foundation Trust. All rights reserved. Not to be reproduced in whole or in part without the express permission of the copyright holder.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.