At the moment, Handpan is a best and closest sounding Hang instrument simulator.
Handpan is a simple and easy-to-use music application which will turn your smartphone into a real musical instrument! Handpan contains only high-quality sounds, has good graphics and neat design. The app is suitable for both a beginner musician and an experienced percussionist.
- 2 different types of the Handpan instrument
- High-quality sounds
- Playback without delays (low latency audio)
- Sound settings
- Possibility to record, save, and play saved tunes
1) The sound system has been improved - no more delays playing fast on the instrument
2) Change Control - even closer to the real handpan!
3) Added a completely new handpan Curd.
4) The list of handpans, accessible by clicking on the stylized handpan-button in the lower left corner of the screen, contains information about the music structure of each handpan.
5) New more compact recording format .hnx (for backwards compatibility old .hng is also support and you can always save the old record in a new format).
6) Other improvements and optimizations.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve tried several different handpan/hang drum apps, and this is by far the best, with the fullest feature set. It’s the only one I’ve seen that creates different tones when striking between the marked areas, just like a real handpan. And I love that I can record a basic track, then play that back and play along to it. It would be great if I could keep doing this: record this new double track and play along to create yet another track, and so on, so that I could easily multitrack a song. Only other wish is for additional drums with different tunings (Celtic, Asian, Middle Eastern, etc.)
Developer Response ,
Thanks! I'm thinking about next update features, stay tuned!
Love it....can't wait to try with bluetooth speaker
Just what I was looking for. When my bluetooth speaker arrives, I think I will be able to create the atmospheric sound of the original instrument without spending $2,000. What would make it perfect would be the ability to tune it to different keys and scales, such as E-flat minor pentatonic or Celtic Bm. Then you could hand someone your Ipad and have them tap along while you play another instrument.
Lags on iPhone 6S+
It’s unplayable. After a few seconds it can’t keep up and starts stuttering. This happens every single time. It’s a real shame too, because it sounds nice and has some very cool effects. However, I wouldn’t waste your money on this app. At least not on this version.
Developer Response ,
Please, let me know after which actions you noticed stuttering? I'm planning to release major update soon, and with your details could help me fix this issue.
- Aliaksei Vatutsin
- 42 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, German, Russian, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016-2018 ИП Ватутин А.О.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.