By Cheryl Bregman
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Handwriting Heroes teaches lower case letter formation through animation, music and stories that explain WHY the letters are formed the way they are. The playful characters and their humorous antics help children recall the steps for forming letters. The app is part of a highly effective, multisensory program that helps children develop a strong foundation for writing legibly and fluently. Featuring three levels of difficulty, Handwriting Heroes educates and entertains pre-school, kindergarten and elementary-aged school children of all abilities.
- Integrated visual, kinesthetic, auditory and tactile learning strategies
- Letters are sorted into five groups based on their first stroke
- Letters can be practiced individually or in their group
- Specialized Handwriting Heroes font encourages use of continuous strokes and decreases reversals
- Multiple review and practice opportunities
- Unlimited user accounts to personalize learning to each child’s needs
- Additional program materials available at https://appytherapy.com/shop/
What's New in Version 1.0
Neutralized a few bugs (a.k.a. villains)!
Crashes after intro.
As a kindergarten teacher, I never felt that I was given the tools to teach handwriting. This program is an absolute gem and makes teaching handwriting a pleasure! My students love the various Handwriting Heroes stations that I set up and have memorized all the stories for making the letters.
The must-have handwriting APP
Love, Love, Love this APP. It is such a clever, creative and motivating app to help kids learn how to form letters. The way the letters are grouped is incredibly helpful, and the animation is fantastic. I have recommended it to families with young kids who are struggling to figure out how to form letters, or who are learning letters for the first time. They have made incredible progress, and the program is amazing. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for new learners or kids with handwriting needs. It is my go-to APP.