Handwriting Without Tears: Wet-Dry-Try for Capitals, Lowercase and Numbers—Classroom Edition
By Handwriting Without Tears & Get Set for School
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Wet-Dry-Try, Powered by +Live Insights™, enables educators to view their students’ handwriting progress in real-time with a comprehensive suite of web-based scoring and reporting. It provides the flexibility to accommodate the majority of iPad implementations, including 1:1, BYOD, and shared device scenarios.
+Live Insights keeps track of each student’s work and allows any student to sign into any registered iPad. The app records their progress and educators can go online to access reports, view graphs, and analyze data for individual students or whole classes.
+Live Insights is currently available with apps from Handwriting Without Tears® and Get Set for School®.
Features and benefits for parents and educators:
• Setup and access student data online: Set up your +Live Insights account with one child or an entire classroom, and access reports from any computer.
• Flexible classroom implementation: Students in your class will be able to select their name in the app and start playing on any registered iPad.
• Develop a strategy for more informed instruction: Track student progress and identify problems for individuals or whole class. View charts and graphs, download data, and print reports to share with other educators.
What's New in Version 2.40
• Less sensitive error feedback
• Bug fixes
Purchasing app doesn't unlock letters. HWT products Not worth the money
Do not purchase any of the HWT apps, student workbooks, or teacher guides if you were hoping they would provide you with the script, instructions, and activities for each letter. The concept is useful but their products are literally a waste of money.
In purchasing the app it never saves our progress and we are stuck with only three available cards to practice each time. I did not waste 5 dollars on an app for access to free trial letters! My kids are eager to practice each letter and they are losing interest since none of the cards were unlocked with the purchase.
The original slate and this multi sensory apps repetitive practice is fun and does help my children achieve handwriting progress but we are increasingly frustrated that we cannot get the step by step how to with each letter. I would give it one star cause you could get handwriting practice for free or .99 but the whole family does find this engaging.
Occupational therapist review so it's important 🤓
1. Needs to be accessible without wifi because not all school have available wifi
2. Please get rid of ⬅️🔄 located at the bottom of the screen. My special needs kids try to get out of working by clicking on them.
3. Touch sensitivity. Let's work on force modulation! Since this program is targeted toward children with development delays would it not make sense to allow us to increase or decrease the touch sensitivity based on needs. Example with kids who press to light we can decrease touch sensitivity to improve force modulation.
this version is intended for teacher or therapist
This app works fine as practice to reinforce the start, sequence, and directionality of manuscript upper, lower case letters and numbers. This is the "classroom" version that is managed by the Occupational Therapist or teacher who unlocks the full features by purchasing an access license for each student.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Aug 21, 2015
- Version: 2.40
- Size: 75.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: No Tears Learning, Inc
- © Handwriting Without Tears
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.