“Amazing, customizable tracing app. No wonder kids and teachers love it!”
Handwriting Wizard was developed to help every child learn how to trace letters, numbers, and words in a fun, simple, and interactive way.
- Show and enforce how to trace letters correctly
- Fun animations and sound effects keep kids engaged
- Can even swap out the scorecard with a sticker rewards page for little users
- Can easily add your own custom words including audio and images
- Select one of five fonts
- Fully customizable to suite every user
- Add multiple users and save game settings and user stats at user level
PERFECT FOR KIDS
- Kids want to have fun. That’s why our sound effects and animations make tracing letters a truly enjoyable experience for kids
- Add a fun sticker rewards page for kids to earn and play with their stickers
- Record your own success sounds - kids love hearing a familiar voice
- Add your own words and images of things your child is familiar with
PERFECT FOR PARENTS & TEACHERS
- Easy to customize
- Add unlimited number of users
- Adjust game settings for each user
- Track progress for each user
- Easy to add your own content including images and audios
TRACING APP SETTINGS
- Allow stops between tracing spots ON / OFF
- Draw only on model ON / OFF
- Show model ON / OFF
- Letter sounds (customize so letters can make sound by name or phonics)
- Customize dots (you can adjust the tracing paths)
- Select critters so each kid can play with their favorites
- Select fonts
- Adjust difficulty: Easy | Medium | Hard
- Adjust session length
- Adjust sequence: A to Z | Random | As entered
- Progression: Automatic | Manual
Heroic Support is not just what we do. It's really what makes us, well, us. It's that drive to make a difference in your life - no matter how big or small. Really, it's our way of life because we want you to be our customer for a lifetime of fun and learning.
Have questions? We are here to help. Email us at email@example.com
- Added ability to access game settings from main settings menu
- Minor bug fixes and improvements
Ratings and Reviews
customizable and entertaining but...
for the most part I don't like the shapes they're teaching the kids for writing numbers like a one and a 9. The one can be easily mistaken for a seven. I'd rather see just the line from top to bottom making a one way most people write it.
I don't want the nine to look like a g. I prefer the traditional line with the sort of half circle and the stick going straight down. It seems like this app's fonts are following type-written fonts rather than typical written numbers.
There are so many nice things about this app and they have been covered in many of the other reviews. I want to like this app; perhaps just add one font that would be more like we typically teach children to write their numbers, and that will do it for me.
I love it but my four year old son is bored
This tracing app is impressive in the sense it give you customization that other tracing apps do not; however, it is just a tracing app.
I must say I received this app for free (with limitation to use capitol, lower case letters, and one group of words). I was informed the regular price would be $4.99. That price is too high for just this one app. I would never recommend or buy this app with $4.99 as its price tag.
I would recommend THUP games for that kind of price. There is more of an incentive for kids to complete the tracing or building of words. THUP apps treat learning as a game...making it fun to "work/learn."
The true test was handing this to my four year old son. He traced letters for about five minutes and quickly became bored.
All in all, I would rate this app well if my son had more interest in learning (as many kids do), and also if the suggested price was less than $2.00.
The game run fluidly
Allows for parent customization
Allows parents to track progress
Gives digital sticker rewards
It's almost perfect. Perhaps in a more advanced version, the words module could have the entire word written on the same screen instead of just at the end in a miniature version. Additionally, some of the numbers like 1, 4, and 9 are a more advanced writing style than what an emerging writer would use. There is the option to change the location of the dots, but I wasn't able to ascertain how to change the tracing shape. Overall, for an inexpensive app, it's well designed. Maybe a few tweaks would make it perfect.
- Innovative Investments Limited
- 151.9 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Grasshopper Apps
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock Everything $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.