Handy Man DIY
By Wowzer Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Handy Man DIY is certainly a handy utilities app with which to begin any project idea which has been brewing in your head!" Review by: CooliPhoneiPadapps
A feature packed home improvement planner designed to assist you in renovating your home by providing the information you need to complete a new project. Need to find out how much paint, flooring or trim you need? Enter in your room measurements and let Handy Man DIY do the math.
Handy Man DIY does it all for you!
Anyone can be a home improvement guru with Handy Man DIY's detailed how to videos and instructions. Handy Man takes the guess work out of shopping with prebuilt material lists for common household projects or you can build your own. It also allows you to enter price information to estimate project cost.
Our goal is to make Handy Man DIY the only home improvement app you will ever need!
- Store room details for later reference, as well as calculate various room dimensions.
- Floor and wall square footage
- Total length of walls (great for determining amount of crown molding, chair rail, or trim)
- Room volume
- Store dimensions for windows and doors for later reference
- Create shopping lists
- Prebuilt shopping list of common home improvement projects
- Over 500 frequently used items to choose from
- Estimate how much a project will cost by entering in quantity and price information
- Email shopping lists
- Create task lists of things you want to accomplish for each project
- Detailed written description of how to proceed on a project
- Video tutorial to show you complete a project
- Material list of items needed for each project
- "Getting Ready For The Season" displays seasonal reminders of tasks to get your home ready
* This application and the application makers are are not associated with the content in the “How To” section contained within this application. All trademarks, properties, and copyrights belong to their respective owners. The price charged for this app covers development costs only.
What's New in Version 1.2.1
-minor bug fix (deleting a project works again from projects screen)
- iOS 4.2 compatible
1.2 (November 5, 2010)
- Pull down on projects table to see a tabulated total estimated cost for all projects listed with price information
- Pull down on material list table (from within a project) to display room measurements for quick access
- User interface improvements to table views
- You can now add notes to tasks and materials
- "Getting Ready For The Season" popup in projects view displays things to do to get your home ready for the upcoming season. Updates on a monthly basis. (can be disabled in settings)
- Added a undo on delete feature for materials, task, windows and doors (can be disabled in settings)
- Two more "How To's" have been added
Ver. 1.1 (October 14, 2010)
- Added ability to change project name
- Added support for the metric system
- Improved the accuracy of the rounding in room stats
- Changed application icon slightly
Ver 1.0 (September 25, 2010)
- Initial release
Very Useful App
This is a great app, especially for planning a small renovation or redecorating project. Has a great deal of information to help you along and the project templates are great. Would be a definite 5 star if only I had the ability to budget a project and save the budget to compare to the completed project.
If you do a lot of redecorating or small remodeling jobs this app is a definite keeper. Give me the ability to budget and save to compare to actual and this app is EASILY worth $10. If the developers wanna get fancy they could even add the ability to search local stores for prices.
Keep up the good work. Look forward to more features in future updates but please keep the program simple just like it is now.
Great little app
Over all, very handy. A few tweaks before I say it is perfect though. The done button when adding materials is sometimes very easy to hit in hopes of adding the material that you have typed in the box, it should at least prompt you asking whether you want to add the text in the box or not. Also, there is no total for estimated costs of all projects. This would be easy to add and very handy when planning a remodel while still keeping tasks categorized by project. A larger library of materials, with a way to add prices and quantities while adding them to your list, and a larger library of how to information would really give this app a prominent place in my toolbox.
Great but would like to see a couple things added...
Loving this! I love how it automatically figures up the square footage of whatever... Features I would like to see in the future include the ability to attach a photo and barcode/link to an item when I'm listing materials needed or at least the ability to paste it in the notes section. Also, maybe the ability to record paint and trim color/info/finish for each room. And maybe a whole house square footage calculator for those of us curious?
I have another app that kinda does some of these things but I like this one better