Handy - Book trusted home cleaners & handymen
By Handybook, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Handy is the easiest way to book trusted home cleaners and handymen, covering over 20 cities in North America, Canada, and the UK. Just tell us what you need and when you need it, then pay securely right from your phone. Manage your bookings on the go, check the progress of your bookings, and rate to help us maintain quality service.
• Trusted professionals. Handy professionals are experienced, friendly, background-checked, and insured.
• Next-day availability. Appointments are available 7 days per week.
• Money-back guarantee. If you’re not 100% satisfied with our work, we’ll refund your money. No questions asked.
• 24/7 customer service.
• Affordable pricing that includes tax & tip.
Let Handy take care of your home service needs so you can get back to the things you love most!
Handy professionals provide the following services:
• Home cleaning and office cleaning
• Handyman services including hanging pictures and shelves, installing air conditioners, moving help, mounting TVs, interior painting, installing window treatments, and installing knobs and locks
• Plumbing services including drains, faucets, toilets, and garbage disposals
• Electrical services including light fixtures, fans, and outlets
What's New in Version 5.10.1
- Earn free cleanings: Refer your friends. You'll earn credits and they'll earn a discount on their first booking!
- Notifications feed: Keep track of the latest Handy deals!
- On-the-job support: Something go wrong? We've added the ability to report that your pro is late or cancel last minute in the event of an emergency.
WARNING:DO NOT USE!!!!!
I've read similar reviews regarding this company and want to reiterate that they are shady! The cleaning itself was great so kudos to the worker bees BUT their business practices are bad. It is incredibly difficult to cancel, when you cancel something on the app it doesn't always cancel, they charge you days before your service, basically just shady. Then they are rude when you contact them.
I canceled my cleaning on the app, but unbeknownst to me it didn't cancel. Not only that I had moved and had them come to my new address yet they showed up for my "cancelled" booking at the incorrect address. I have requested a refund and was denied, thy didn't even show up at the right place! Had they shown up at my front door I would have just let them clean then called to make sure I cancelled all future bookings. So now I'm out $101 and haven't even had my home cleaned!
I'm now waiting for a manger to contact me back but who knows. Save yourself the hassle! There are way too many great cleaning services out there that aren't trying to pull a fast one.
Good cleaning, hard to contact Handy
I really like the cleaning service, that I can pay by credit card so I don't need to be home at any time during the cleaning, and scheduling in the app is easy. BUT if you have any problems it is really hard to contact some one from Handy. Tip: post your problem on Yelp and someone will email you. Once you're using the Handy service, you have to go through the app to send a message to customer support, but they actually email you back really quickly and really try to solve your problem. And, to use the new-customer/referral discount codes you have to sign up for the recurring cleaning, not a one-time cleaning (which doesn't make sense: why would I sign up for recurring when I don't know if I like it yet?). So overall I'm really happy with how it's worked out for me, after some (many) initial frustrations.
STAY AWAY!! No refunds and no customer service.
I scheduled a cleaning through Handy 10 days in advance. On the day of my cleaning, I got an email EIGHT MINUTES before the scheduled start time that they had to move my appointment to 3 days later. I needed the cleaning that day for guests who were arriving and plus I wasn't even going to be here on the day they rescheduled. I cancelled the rescheduled booking, but instead of refunding me they credited my Handy account the balance that they had already charged my credit card. I will never use Handy again and called their 800 number (which was almost impossible to find) to get a refund. After being on hold for 25 minutes I hung up and called my credit card company to dispute the charge. The dispute process takes 6-8 weeks so I don't even know if I'll get the money back. Save yourself the hassle and do not use Handy!!!
- Category: Lifestyle
- Updated: Aug 05, 2015
- Version: 5.10.1
- Size: 51.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Handybook, Inc.
- © Handy Technologies, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.