Hangar 360 is a free app for DJI drone users that allows you to easily create and share interactive 360 photos for use on mobile and desktop.
Hangar 360 autonomously flies your DJI drone, captures the required aerial images, and allows for one-touch upload to Hangar for post-processing, and delivers a fully stitched 360 photo back to you. Hangar will then backup and sync 360 photos across iOS devices.
Hangar 360 automatically creates interactive aerial 360 images that work on mobile and desktop, including zoom, gyro device control, touch swiping and more.
No more complicated, unwieldy stitching software and huge files. Hangar automatically stitches your pano in the cloud and delivers it to you for easy viewing and sharing.
You can share your 360 photo to Facebook's interactive 360 Photo Viewer, or anywhere on the internet using Hangar's 360 Photo Viewer.
Hangar 360 is entirely free, with no usage limits, or In-App purchases.
Hangar 360 is compatible with the DJI:
- Mavic Pro
- Mavic Air
- Phantom 4 (Standard, Advanced and Pro)
- Phantom 3 (Standard, 4K, Advanced, Pro)
- Inspire 1
- Inspire 2 (for 15mm lenses)
Hangar 360 process:
* Press the '360 Photo' button to engage the mission
* Hangar 360 flies your drone to 300ft and captures all the images needed to create your 360 pano
* The drone confirms that the mission is complete
* Check your surroundings and safely land your drone
* After your drone has landed, copy your photos from the drone to your iOS device
* After your photos are copied, one touch lets you transfer the photos to the Hangar cloud for processing
* Hangar automatically processes and delivers a fully stitched 360 pano back to the app within minutes
* 360 Photos can be viewed within the app, shared directly to Facebook as a 360 interactive photo, or shared
Hangar app users have conducted over 250,000 autonomous flights in 195 countries, and 6 continents. We’re proud to add Hangar 360’s free functionality to our suite of Autopilot, Autoframe and Airspace.
We integrate safety features for your flight using Airmap, please fly responsibly and adhere to local regulations.
Go to https://hangar.com/hangar360/ for more information and examples of the awesome content you can create with Hangar 360.
- performance enhancements
Ratings and Reviews
Worked great with my Spark
As advertised, the Spark took off, reach altitude, took pictures and came down. Uploading and waiting for the 360 to come back took some time (~20 min), but was worth it.
- serious need for UI improvement. App goes right into connectivity screen, 9 times out of 10 I want to view and show people my 360 and not shot a new one. At least need an entry options of view vs connect
- After creating the initial 360 you can choose to share it or generate a URL, if you don’t want to do it at that time there is no way I could find to share or get the URL at a later point. It might be there, but if I can’t find it as a user, it might indicate a UX issue
- Please change the license terms in respect to ownership. I’m not as sensitive to your rights on the content (because I fly for fun and not business), but the fact that I don’t have any rights does mean that you can sue me for sharing 360s that I took. I’m sure this is not what you meant, but why put your users in that position?
- a very cool (killer) feature to your viewer will be a VR viewing mode (split view)
A couple of stars down. While being right above me taking 360 shots, the drone disconnected. Had to reset the remote to regain control. Never happens to me with the DJI app so my conclusion was that it was the Hangar app (which was the one active at the time). Might still be something else, but...
Buggy but improving
Really, really wanted this app to work, but it has failed on every attempt. Innovative company with great folks but the 360 app still needs a bit of improvement to work out the bugs.
**Updated rating after getting the app to work and process. Really impressed and can’t wait to keep using it! Also their customer support is helpful and prompt at answering any questions or concerns. Keep up the great work Hangar!**
It’s potentially a great app but very limited and totally useless to me because you can’t download the completed 360 file. You don’t have any access to your file outside of the app. You’d have to stitch the pictures together using another program which renders hangar 360 useless I may as well stick with litchi or dji go instead of messing with another app during flight
- Hangar Technology, Inc.
- 325.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 11.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- Copyright © 2018 Hangar Technology, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.