Starting to learn Korean?
This is the the most effective app for mastering Hangeul
Learn the Korean alphabet Hangeul (Hangul) with visual and verbal mnemonic. Learn alphabet and vocabulary words with romanization and audio pronunciation. Practice and track your learning progress with our smart quiz system.
I. Total 40 letters from modern Korean
* 24 Basic Consonants and Vowels
* 16 Compound Consonants and Vowels
* 80 word examples
II.140 Syllables with all syllables structure format
III. Korean keyboard tutor
* 28 basic exercises
- Free Audio Pronunciation
* For Vowels, Consonants and word examples
IV. Quiz System
* Multiple Choices and Fill in the Blank
V. Pie Chart Graph to show your Quiz results
In-App Purchase :
- 140 syllables audio
- Ads removal
- Full access to Korean Keyboard with 108 exercises of words and phrases
- Quiz for Syllables and 3 random quiz using audio, romanization or Korean.
- Vocabulary card view with function to pronounce word with each syllable
In App purchase not recognized and properly restore
Ratings and Reviews
Examples are wrong.
This app tries to help you learn pronunciation by giving an example of an English word that makes the sound of the Korean vowel. Every single word doesn't sound anything like the audio of the Korean vowel. For example, the Korean vowel that's a vertical line. The audio makes an 'ee' sound, like eel. The English approximation given is 'fish'. No native English speaker, American or British, says 'feesh'. I can't trust this app to get anything right if the one thing I can judge without knowing any Korean is wrong. I don't even know whether the audio or the English word is wrong, just that one of them is. I will definitely not be using this to study. I would probably learn things wrong.
Use if you want to learn quickly
I love this app. Helped me to solidly learn the alphabet in one month. Probably faster if you have more time. I use it regularly as a refresher since I don't use Hangeul all the time. The quizzes really help with remembering and now the letter combos also help me learn to speak.
I learned Hangul in under a month using this app and it's perfect for a periodic refresher if you don't use it everyday.
You still should learn to write it on paper because it looks different in handwriting.
- Ubik Technology LLC
- 35.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2012-2014 UBIK Technology LLC. All Rights Reserved
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-Free, syllable audio, keyboard & quiz upgrade $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.