By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use Hangouts to keep in touch. Message friends, start free video or voice calls, and hop on a conversation with one person or a group. Say more with photos, stickers, and emoji.
• Include all your friends with group chats for up to 150 people.
• Say more with status messages, photos, maps, emoji, stickers, and animated GIFs.
• Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 friends.
• Call any phone number in the world (and all calls to other Hangouts users are free!).
• Connect your Google Voice account for phone number, SMS, and voicemail integration.
• Keep in touch with friends across all your devices.
• Message friends anytime, even if they're offline.
• Manage mobile app remotely with Google for Work.
Note: Mobile carrier and ISP charges may apply. Calls to Hangouts users are free, but other calls might be charged.
What's New in Version 14.0.0
• Support for chat in video calls
• Accessibility bug fixes
This app is great! I use it all the time on my laptop and phone! There are just a few minor issues with the sound, but that's it! Better that any other app like Skype or discord that I've tried. I recommend it!
4GLTE is nice and all but I'm around wifi 95% of my day
One day I realized my cell service sucked where I lived and worked. I started making wifi calls because they didn't drop as much as my cell plan would. After I paid off my phone, though, I was still paying about $50/month for service I hated and mostly wasn't even using unless I was in the car. So, I decided to get to know Hangouts since it seemed the best bet to use reliably on wifi. It takes a little getting used to and it probably helps that I just got the OnePlus 3T and I'm running Nougat, but I got really good at not using data. Remember when we used to have to go home to call people? That still works. It's pretty rare I would use data or need to make a call when not at home and you can always download maps on Google Maps. Anyway, I ported my number to Google Voice for $20 and cancelled my cell plan and I haven't regretted it yet. I used Ting for a while to get some data (great customer service!) and I was spending about $10 a month for about 200mb of data, sometimes I'd use more and it would cost $16. Very happy but considering how little data that was I'm now trying Freedompop (GSM 4GLTE 3-in-1 SIM card plan, 200mb free/month) and so far no complaints. You can't beat the price of free. I've heard bad stories of Freedompop service but I haven't run in to anything yet, but it's only been two week. Plus you get an extra 500mb a month if you add "Freedom Friends" and there are many websites where you can find people email addresses to add them and get there easily, I did it in 15 minutes, and it carries over as long as you have 10 active friends. Long story short, Hangouts was the first app to help me realize I was paying too much and I'm very thankful to Google for it. Plus, since I ported me old cell number, no one even had to learn a new number. And now my iPad basically acts as my phone if my cell is charging. And there is a Hangouts site where I can text and make calls from my laptop. All with the same number. Like to see US Cellular do that! Probably cost me $100/month as a "feature." Thanks, Google! (No, I'm not run employee, I'm a public school teacher)
Simple to use, responsive and overall a great experience
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jan 25, 2017
- Version: 14.0.0
- Size: 94.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.