By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use Hangouts to keep in touch. Message friends, start free video or voice calls, and hop on a conversation with one person or a group. Say more with photos, stickers, and emoji.
• Include all your friends with group chats for up to 100 people.
• Say more with status messages, photos, maps, emoji, stickers, and animated GIFs.
• Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 friends.
• Call any phone number in the world (and all calls to other Hangouts users are free!).
• Connect your Google Voice account for phone number, SMS, and voicemail integration.
• Keep in touch with friends across all your devices.
• Message friends anytime, even if they're offline.
Note: Mobile carrier and ISP charges may apply. Calls to Hangouts users are free, but other calls might be charged.
What's New in Version 4.1.0
• Improved user experience.
• New attachments UI.
• Send multiple photos at once.
I appreciate that Google gives what it promises without limitations or barriers that others try to hide so you'll download apps. I had been using "textplus/nextplus" for a while, but there were so many glitches with it, I started to look elsewhere. My brother showed me how Google hangouts worked, and I'm so thankful he did. Google hangouts doesn't have the glitches, ads, limited text amount, and phone call barriers the other app I used had. I have used the phone on google hangouts before to call people and it worked great (thanks for combining google voice with it!). It is able to text actual phone numbers (when in a wifi area) not just other users of Google hangouts. ALSO, while the google hangouts app can be on your phone, ipad, iPad mini, tablet, or other handheld devices, it can be also connected to on your computer, so that all of your conversations texted on your phone are readily available there as well. I have enjoyed using it very much. Keep up the good work Google!
More intuitive than Messenger
Everything nice about Google and Hangouts. Sometimes reports users as online or having read messages when this is not true. Scrolling does get kinda wonky at times. Sometimes hard to see while using the keyboard in landscape. At times the keyboard gets a bug where you can't see what you're typing because the text field disappears. Has some problems loading. Seems to take a decent amount of battery life but then again I do use it a lot. Saved conversations are nice. Good, clean design. Text, call, and video all from the same place. I recommend using with wifi. Other than that, great app and great system! I love the update to sending photos. Good job, Google. Now fix everything else.
AMAZING. BETTER THAN SKYPE
I can't even tell you how amazing this is. Unlike Skype, hangouts is not a battery eater. I have a 5C with a defective battery and I can be in a video call for a few hours. Meanwhile on skype, my phone will only last about 10-30 minutes. Also the support team on hangouts listens to people. They read everything and fix bugs. ALSO. I'm able to make video calls in groups of as many people as I want when on Skype you can't even call groups on mobile. You can't even send video messages or audio messages. ANNNND, when you send photos on hangouts, it doesn't compress it to terrible quality
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jul 13, 2015
- Version: 4.1.0
- Size: 40.4 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc. 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.