By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use Hangouts to keep in touch. Message friends, start free video or voice calls, and hop on a conversation with one person or a group. Say more with photos, stickers, and emoji.
• Include all your friends with group chats for up to 100 people.
• Say more with status messages, photos, maps, emoji, stickers, and animated GIFs.
• Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 friends.
• Call any phone number in the world (and all calls to other Hangouts users are free!).
• Connect your Google Voice account for phone number, SMS, and voicemail integration.
• Keep in touch with friends across all your devices.
• Message friends anytime, even if they're offline.
Note: Mobile carrier and ISP charges may apply. Calls to Hangouts users are free, but other calls might be charged.
What's New in Version 5.1.0
Bug fixes and performance improvements
• Updates to send button.
• User interface and accessibility improvements.
Everything about this app is so tedious. Please give us a ONE STEP sign in/sign out toggle switch. It is nonsensical to have to go through multiple pages every time you want to sign in even with your account and password saved. I never want to add my phone number; we can eliminate that page after a while, can't we?
If you can't give us this SIMPLE feature, can you please let us mute or snooze notifications in the APP ONLY instead of across the entire account? I want to be able to use the Chrome app at my desk during the day without random redundant notifications all over the place all day long. THANK YOU.
Would be better if it didn't need wifi
Let's face it:
WiFi is life
And without it we would hope insane probably.
And this app requires it.
Which is sad because I prefer this to any other app like Kik or whatnot.i hope it'll one day be updates to be able to be used without Wifi
At weak Beta stage. Low priority for devs.
Oct 5, 2015 update provides no noticeable improvement.
Still crashes trying to paste #s into dialer. Almost no access to address book.
Often locks up, leaving you unable to hang up, forcing you to close the app if you want to hang up.
Needs work. Barely ready for beta release, much less prime time. Contacts and dialer interfaces are horrible.
The Good: can text pics from Google Voice.
Bad: Favorites won't save your most dialed numbers, only saving screen names that have actual Google Hangouts accounts. The Google Voice app is better in this respect. In fact, you'll often find yourself going back to the Google Voice app to get things done.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Oct 05, 2015
- Version: 5.1.0
- Size: 39.5 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc. 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.