By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use Hangouts to keep in touch. Message friends, start free video or voice calls, and hop on a conversation with one person or a group. Say more with photos, stickers, and emoji.
• Include all your friends with group chats for up to 150 people.
• Say more with status messages, photos, emoji, stickers, and animated GIFs.
• Easily share your current location to any conversation with Maps integration.
• Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 friends.
• Call any phone number in the world (and all calls to other Hangouts users are free!).
• Connect your Google Voice account for phone number, SMS, and voicemail integration.
• Keep in touch with friends across all your devices.
• Message friends anytime, even if they're offline.
• Manage mobile app remotely with Google Cloud.
Note: Mobile carrier and ISP charges may apply. Calls to Hangouts users are free, but other calls might be charged.
What's New in Version 15.5.0
• Fixed crash on iOS 9
• Accessibility bug fixes
Overall very functional app but needs some more features
This app is great ,it never crashes .. always works for google voice. But what i found out that image quality when we send to other people significantly reduces. You can see the pixels in every sent image. This much amount of image compression in google voice text is unacceptable because we are sending image on wireless network. There should not be huge amount of compression of images.
Moreover google should include encryption in hangouts for google voice text just like imessage but as far as i know google is more interested in advertising rather than user privacy.
Love it, practical & fun and free
Hangouts is simple to use, works great and is enjoyable. Message people based off social median connections, easily add/remove people from conversations, easily archive and create new conversations, and the large range of stickers and fun things you can send that come with it is fun too, as well as it's compatibility with other emoji apps.
The call feature is really nice as well.
It's like the Messages, Phone and FaceTime apps all combined. Really practical and fun. Love it. All that and the fact that it's a free app makes it fantastic.
Bring back removed image functions
With recent updates to Hangouts two very commonly used features have been removed: the ability to zoom in on pictures, and the ability to copy or save animated gifs out of hangouts to be used in other apps. This is some weak 💩. Why would you remove these features that your application has featured for years?
It used to be that if you tapped on an image in hangouts, you could then pinch to zoom the image once it had expanded to the full screen "preview" mode, now all you can do is maximize the image in the preview mode with no ability to zoom in or out. Why would you remove this???
It also used to be that if you long held on animated gifs in hangout conversations and copied or saved the image, you could then paste it into other applications and they would remain animate and if you had saved it to your camera roll it would be animated in there for use elsewhere. Now all you end up with when you copy or save is a static image of what was once an animated gif. Why, oh why would you get rid of this?????
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: May 02, 2017
- Version: 15.5.0
- Size: 96.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.