By Google, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Use Hangouts to keep in touch. Message friends, start free video or voice calls, and hop on a conversation with one person or a group. Say more with photos, stickers, and emoji.
• Include all your friends with group chats for up to 150 people.
• Say more with status messages, photos, emoji, stickers, and animated GIFs.
• Easily share your current location to any conversation with Maps integration.
• Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 friends.
• Call any phone number in the world (and all calls to other Hangouts users are free!).
• Connect your Google Voice account for phone number, SMS, and voicemail integration.
• Keep in touch with friends across all your devices.
• Message friends anytime, even if they're offline.
• Manage mobile app remotely with Google Cloud.
Note: Mobile carrier and ISP charges may apply. Calls to Hangouts users are free, but other calls might be charged.
What's New in Version 20.1.0
• Performance improvements and bug fixes
Just a Humble Fool's Opinion
This is good stuff. Good cheese. One of my relatively close acquaintances (friends) has a certain cellular device (phone) that charges for virtually cummunication (texting), so we use this to "talk" to each other.
I'll admit it does crash once in a while, but you'll hop right back on the message express as if nothing has happened. However, there's a good chance that's my own fault for running it on an iPhone 4S.
Now for the weird stuffs. The whole color of the app is very appealing to me, most likely because I love that specific shade of green. I also appreciate that I can still use my old emoticons with some of the app's own added to the lot. I must say I favor Mr. Spookman (the skeleton) very much.
Overall, this app has never given me a valid reason to dislike it (it probably will someday, but nobody really cares anout my personal, inside-the-mind opinion, so just ignore that bit), so if you like doing the texting, get the app that does the good texting.
You can easily find better apps than this like Line. Hangout has become one of many google products - mediocre at best. They feel like Microsoft nowadays; remember how Internet Explorer was so unloved by MS, until Firefox and Chrome became popular?
Specifically, Hangout is very slow in sending videos. Sending pictures and videos from google photo has 50:50 chance it will fail at first try. Sending a video doesn’t show its transfer progress (% sent), leaving you wondering if you should just give up or wait for another minute, all while your phone is tied up to it. And you can’t just browse pictures received. You have to close it to see the next one. All these features have been available at Line for long. So with all the financial power and supposedly bright folks at google, what is going on?
Google breathlessly (metaphorically) tells me I will lose my google number if I don’t make a call. Tried that and guess what - gotta remove my pop up blocker and for what? So they can target me for ads?? I don’t think so and google should not be asking me to turn off my blocker. Strange thing... turned off the blocker and still wasn’t enough for google. No thank you google. I have other ways to phone people and I do not need to be harassed by advertisers. Thanks google take back your number I do not want to kowtow and genuflect at the Google altar of advertising. I was just stunned that google ordering me to disable my pop up blocker. Then that was not enough. More hoops to using the program on my iMac. Roadblocks and hassle. Cannot use this program on my iMac because unblocking popups is not enough they want unfettered access to load all the adverts. Stupid ain’t it.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Nov 21, 2017
- Version: 20.1.0
- Size: 99.8 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.