By Google, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Use Hangouts to keep in touch. Message friends, start free video or voice calls, and hop on a conversation with one person or a group. Say more with photos, stickers, and emoji.
• Include all your friends with group chats for up to 150 people.
• Say more with status messages, photos, maps, emoji, stickers, and animated GIFs.
• Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 friends.
• Call any phone number in the world (and all calls to other Hangouts users are free!).
• Connect your Google Voice account for phone number, SMS, and voicemail integration.
• Keep in touch with friends across all your devices.
• Message friends anytime, even if they're offline.
• Manage mobile app remotely with Google for Work.
Note: Mobile carrier and ISP charges may apply. Calls to Hangouts users are free, but other calls might be charged.
What's New in Version 14.6.0
• Bug fixes
Google Hangouts(tips and how to use)
The app can be slow at times when sending many messages or long ones. Most of the time it works prettt fast. The app works from your google account in case you did not know. I recommend getting the hangouts app if you use it a ton to chat. You can call, text(chat),and FaceTime (video call). If you do the Video call your computer or mobile phone or tablet will use your camera. If multiple people are on your chat and you are hosting it( meaning you started the call) it can be laggy on your side. This is just a version of texting and FaceTime in one if you thing about it that way. DO NOT USE WITH SLOW DIVICE!!!i used it with one and it crashes my OLD LAPTOP. I would not recommend this to a person that does not use google that much and does not use its apps, if you are that person just use your apple messages, Skype, FaceTime...idc. That's the end of this review! Have a nice day.
Very usable once again
I tried this app a long time ago but was unable to use it because it was not accessible for blind user who uses voice over. However the last few versions have been a lot more accessible and some of the remaining accessibility bugs have been slowly fixed overtime. I have been using a Google voice number for over 10 years and stayed away from Hangouts because of its inaccessibility. What I especially like is that using Hangouts I can participate in group messages and receive MMS pictures once again. Without hangouts, this was possible but you had to do a bit more work around.
Needs some improvements
Hangouts should handle media like WhatsApp. When you put a picture in full screen mode, you can view all the pictures a contact sent you. When you click on the all media tab, it gives you the option to view media, links or docs. That's even better than the iMessage. WhatsApp, iMessage and Facebook Messenger shows a preview of all links. It would be great if Hangouts did the same. Add some of the Google Keyboard features to Hangouts for the people who don't use Google Keyboard. Google Docs should be integrated into Hangouts to easily share docs. This needs iOS callkit support and the ability to be launched on the Apple Watch.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Mar 02, 2017
- Version: 14.6.0
- Size: 94.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Google, Inc.
- © Google Inc. 2016
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.