Use Hangouts to keep in touch. Message friends, start free video or voice calls, and hop on a conversation with one person or a group. Say more with photos, stickers, and emoji.
• Include all your friends with group chats for up to 150 people.
• Say more with status messages, photos, emoji, stickers, and animated GIFs.
• Easily share your current location to any conversation with Maps integration.
• Turn any conversation into a free group video call with up to 10 friends.
• Call any phone number in the world (and all calls to other Hangouts users are free!).
• Connect your Google Voice account for phone number, SMS, and voicemail integration.
• Keep in touch with friends across all your devices.
• Message friends anytime, even if they're offline.
• Manage mobile app remotely with Google Cloud.
Note: Mobile carrier and ISP charges may apply. Calls to Hangouts users are free, but other calls might be charged.
• Solves a problem with video calls when using a VPN.
• Bug fixes and stability improvements.
Ratings and Reviews
still needs some fine tuning..
1- major fail : If in a large group, or small group really.. DO NOT INITIATE A GROUP VIDEO CHAT WITHOUT ASKING “ ARE YOU SURE “ !!!! same with a group phone call, do not initiate a group video or phone call without verification. I see it happen all the time in my large groups, accidental phone calls and accidental video chats, that has to stop. It is VERY embarrassing and unprofessional
2- needs improvement : different contacts and especially different groups need different alert sounds.. We need the ability of setting or changing the sounds made for different contacts . some of my chats I need to know IMMEDIATELY if a message comes thru, and some (during work hours) or when I am with clients, I don't need the same level of attention.. I DON’T WANT TO SHUT THEM COMPLETELY OUT OR LEAVE THE CHAT .. I simply want to adjust the alert or ringtone for that particular chat to something more subtle.. while on the other hand , if it is a message from someone that requires more urgent attention ... I want a message from that person to be IMPOSSIBLE to ignore.. Please, give me the choice.
Please address these 2 issues.
Just a Humble Fool's Opinion
This is good stuff. Good cheese. One of my relatively close acquaintances (friends) has a certain cellular device (phone) that charges for virtually cummunication (texting), so we use this to "talk" to each other.
I'll admit it does crash once in a while, but you'll hop right back on the message express as if nothing has happened. However, there's a good chance that's my own fault for running it on an iPhone 4S.
Now for the weird stuffs. The whole color of the app is very appealing to me, most likely because I love that specific shade of green. I also appreciate that I can still use my old emoticons with some of the app's own added to the lot. I must say I favor Mr. Spookman (the skeleton) very much.
Overall, this app has never given me a valid reason to dislike it (it probably will someday, but nobody really cares anout my personal, inside-the-mind opinion, so just ignore that bit), so if you like doing the texting, get the app that does the good texting.
I’ve been using this app for three years now and it works pretty good. There are times when it glitches out (the screen freezes, the keyboard disappears, messages won’t send etc) but those glitches are less common now. When it comes to video chatting in large groups, sometimes it overloads it and everyone freezes but that can be fixed by everyone (except for one person) hanging up and re-joining. There was one time when the video chatting system barely worked but that was a while ago. Overall, it’s a really useful app for people who can’t afford phones or data because it can be used on almost any device. Half the time I forget I’m using an app and just feel like I’m texting instead. Oh, and the screen will show who is there in the chat with you, when a message was wrote, and if someone is typing or deleting something in a message. I always found that to be a fun and useful feature.
- Google, Inc.
- 136.4 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese (Hong Kong), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Google Inc. 2016
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.