The Hanna Lab App turns an iPad, iPhone or iPod touch into a full-featured pH meter when used with a Hanna Instruments HALO™ pH probe with Bluetooth® Smart technology.
The Hanna Lab App includes a Demo mode showing all the features of the app.
The Hanna Lab App provides a display of the current pH measurement, solution temperature and mV reading as well as a graphical plot or tabulated record of measured data over time. The app also features built-in help, probe calibration, manual or interval data logging, data sharing, and alarms when the readings are outside user-defined limits.
The HALO™ probe’s Bluetooth® Smart technology offers many advantages in wireless measurement convenience and the probe can be used up to 10 meters (33 feet) from the iOS device. The HALO™ probe and Hanna Lab App are ideal for professionals and educators needing accurate wireless measurements in the laboratory, classroom and in the field.
Hanna Lab App Features:
- pH measurements with up to 0.001pH resolution
- Probe calibration using up to 5 pH buffers
- Display of pH and solution temperature updated every second
- Current measurement can be displayed along with probe calibration data and tabulated data or a graphical plot
- Enhanced viewing of the graph using the iOS pinch and zoom technology
- Display of the probe’s condition, name, reading stability and battery life
- Sample tagging with annotations by pressing the HALO™ pH probe button, or by pressing the probe icon on the iOS device
- Both interval and manual data logging, as well as automatically saved data every hour
- Data logs may be sorted by probe name and annotated with measurement specific information
- Share data by emailing the data file in CSV or PDF format
- Automatic or manual temperature compensation
- User-definable alarm thresholds for pH, mV and temperature
- Automatic recognition of previously connected probes and calibration data stored on probes
- Help with tutorial information on pH measurement and probe maintenance
Please note that Hanna Lab is compatible with iOS 8 or newer, and iOS devices with Bluetooth 4.0:
- iPad (3rd generation or newer)
- iPad mini (2nd generation or newer recommended)
- iPhone (5 or newer)
- iPod touch (6th generation or newer)
Added the most requested features:
- Option to only show annotated readings in table view
- Show GLP data in log history
- Export data in PDF format
Added new pH probe: HI14142: Scalp and skin
Hanna Lab now supports 10 different application-specific HALO pH probes
Ratings and Reviews
Solid app, great support
I’ve been using the app for about a year and it’s remarkable! Calibration is quick and I find it easy to read.
I do wish that there were a few more customization options regarding data logging and calibration slope display.
An amazing app with an amazing probe...
I have had my Foodcare Halo since they released it, and I have nothing but positive things to say...(to the guy 1 staring this - dude, you don't have to give the app a 1 star because you received a damaged meter. It was most likely UPS, so before you go giving terrible reviews why don't you call the service center. They have been very helpful to me, especially when I broke my first electrode they sent a replacement free of charge).
It is an accurate meter, affordable, and the app for my iPad mini runs very smooth. I love that it stays accurate over many uses. I mean, the ability to save calibration is very nice.
I've also done data logging with the app, and it is awesome to be able to download the data points to a csv file and create a curve in Excel.
It's a jaw dropper in the kitchen when I get the Bluetooth meter out and link it to my iPad. It's awesome to get such a response to the equipment!
I recommend to everyone looking to get a nice, accurate, affordable pH meter...
Hanna can't be serious..
I have been wanting to try this app for a very long time, as the HALO probe and this app could be extremely useful in my business, however the notes system is horrible!! Being able to enter relevant information about my samples is what makes this useful, but I get like 2 seconds to hit a tiny little button at the top of the display so I can enter 14 characters.. what!!! Honestly infuriating. There ought to be tags like twitter for sorting in addition to a notes section where I can enter other relevant information and maybe even snap a picture! Might even be cool to incorporate the camera throughout for certain lab work, live video feed with ph displayed! I don't think loading a picture should be an option, only in app pictures.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.