HanYou is a modern offline Chinese dictionary, including many features to help you read and learn Chinese. HanYou features powerful offline Optical Character Recognition (OCR) technology, developed in-house and continuously improved over the past 6 years. HanYou's algorithms let you recognize over 13000 Chinese characters in your pictures or with your device camera. Chinese text is detected, recognized and parsed into words in a fraction of a second. Detailed information of each word and Kanji is then provided such as their pronunciation and their definition in English. HanYou is the perfect companion to help you read books, mangas, signs, menu, and improve your Chinese reading skills while enjoying your favorite reading material. HanYou also has a built-in drawing feature for you to draw and translate Chinese characters on your touch-screen with very high accuracy.
• Input characters by Drawing or Keyboard or Radicals
• Search words that either start with / end with / contains the query word
• Search definitions in any kind of alphabet: Traditional / Simplified / Pinyins / Latin alphabet
• You can look-up either Chinese words or foreign words
• Build vocabulary lists of Chinese words (which you can share as files or text in many ways)
• Listen to the Chinese pronunciation of words through the "Speak" function
OPTICAL CHARACTER RECOGNITION:
• A powerful Optical Character Recognition (OCR) engine which lets you translate Japanese characters in images
• Yomiwa can recognize more that 13000 Chinese characters (both traditional and simplified characters)
• Recognize Chinese text with your Live Camera or on Still Pictures (from your camera roll)
• Read either horizontal or vertical Chinese text
• Paste some text, or import it from the OCR modes, into the text analyzer to get definitions of each word in the text
• Pinyins are also displayed automatically
• Listen to the Chinese text with the "Speak" function
• Get help from the user community by sharing pictures on the Yomiwa Wall
We are very responsive to your feedback and suggestions: email@example.com
• Radical Search: You can now find Chinese characters from combinations of their radicals. Combinations can be only partial and there is no need to follow any order.
• Improved Chinese Character Recognition
• You can now listen to the pronunciation of words
• Added a history list to see previously looked-up words
• Export pictures directly in HanYou to recognize the Chinese characters inside
• Added search by radicals
• Text Analyzer: Paste some text, or import it from the OCR modes, in the new text analyzer mode to get pinyins and definitions of each word in the text.
• When you enter Chinese text in the dictionary search bar and no results are found, the text may be decomposed into several words for which definitions are provided
• Better parsing of Chinese text
• You can now add personal notes to word informations (and see all of them in the vocabulary-lists section)
• In the dictionary mode, you can now search words that either start with / end with / contains the query word
• Added more ways to share vocabulary lists
• Recognition of words split across multiple lines
Ratings and Reviews
This app is helpful for learning chinese. Very easy to use and helped me a lot.
Translating feature is accurate
Lost in China
This app is completely useless for one with no knowledge of Chinese characters trying to interpret a string of characters. I've not been able to get it to translate anything correctly, even a string of characters for which I know the translation.
Unfortunately, the app is only able to give single word translation / definitions for now. We have some update coming soon that will improve the app greatly. We hope you will give it a new try. Thank you.
So bloody helpful for my homework
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.