3 pictures - 1 missing word. Figure out the word from the scrambled letters provided, spell it and collect funny characters (50+). Happi Words is a vocabulary, spelling and association game for 6-9 year-olds that stimulates lateral thinking and sharpens your creative problem solving skills. It also promotes academic risk taking with its built-in multilevel hint system that encourages players to try their own solution before asking for help.
- The game has been featured multiple times in App Stores all over the world and
- Has been recommended for the special needs community by A4cwsn.com who says that it is "A really fun and educational word association game for kids that will help improve picture/word association, spelling and vocabulary, highly recommended"
Happi Words is the 7th learning game from the award winning Happi series. In this game kids (and parents) will try to figure out and spell the word that connects three pictures. When you do, you are rewarded with stars that buys really cool and funny collectors cards. Every level has lifelines to help you along if you get stuck. Try not to use them unless you really have to as solving a level on your own will give you the option to save your earned stars for later so that you can afford the hard to get cards at the top of the deck.
Happi Words has been meticulously crafted to be:
• Hard to put down (you will want to win all the cards, we promise)
• Educational (you will have to use both your logic and spelling skills)
• Strategic (should I get this card now or save up for a more expensive one)
• Clever (every card has a funny name and status message)
• Beautiful (just look at the screen shots…:-)
• Passed around as it gives you the option to create different user profiles
Special note to parents: All collectors cards have a name and a short status message which have been purposefully designed to, on occasion, spur questions from your child. We have done so because we believe in involving the parent in the gaming experience. You should expect to hear questions like: What does this mean, how is this funny, why did they call him that…
Ratings and Reviews
Wonderful word association game
Each problem has three pictures and the child tries to figure out and spell the word that describes them all. We think that it is nice that there is no penalty for needing more time to solve the problems. It is also not possible to get stuck as there are several ways to ask for help and there are just a few letters to choose from. As a reward kids can collect cards so there is an incentive to try to solve each problem without help. The less help you need the more stars you get. We were also very happy to notice that the app has the ability to add user profiles so that several kids can share the same device.
Word Association Fun
Happi Words is a fun way to learn word associations and increase a child's vocabulary. This game allows the student to earn rewards (although the cards are not associated with the activities and seem to be a little abstract for students who would need to use this type of activity to increase word association knowledge). The stars they earn along the way will help your child buy the more expensive cards. There are wonderful hints the child can use but beware; the hints will cost some stars. This is a great way to encourage your child to think through the problem before trying to use the hints and use up those valuable stars.
Cute way to practice
Increasing in difficulty, this app allows students to using critical thinking skills to decide the common factor between 3 objects. It also gives hints as to whether the word is a noun, verb or adjective. There are specific letters chosen and a designated number of spaces to spell the word, so sometimes it takes a minute to figure out what word matches. I also like the cards you collect as you earn points. It creates an encentive to earn more and allows kids to save up for something else if they want.
- Happi Papi LLC
- 121.9 MB
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Danish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Happi Papi
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.