Harmonic Ear Trainer
By Jon Lay
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Harmonic Ear Trainer gives you the tools you need to master identifying the quality of intervals, triads, and seventh chords. All intervals between a minor second and a perfect octave are included, as well as all common triads and seventh chords. This app focuses on learning the intervals and chords aurally, so you can concentrate on learning by hearing. Harmonic Ear Trainer is a valuable aid for any high school or college music theory student or anyone who wants to work on ear training and listening skills.
- All intervals between a minor second and an octave including minor and major seconds, minor and major thirds, perfect and augmented fourths, perfect fifths, minor and major sixths, minor and major sevenths, and the perfect octave.
- All common triads and seventh chords including minor, major, diminished, and augmented triads, and dominant, minor, major, minor-major, diminished, half-diminished, augmented, and augmented minor seventh chords.
- Interval and chord trainer modes where you can select which intervals and chords you want to work on with a running tally of your overall accuracy.
- Interval and chord player modes where you can listen to any interval or chord in any inversion, starting on any note, either as a chord or an arpeggio.
- Challenge mode which lets you test your knowledge of intervals and chords in a series of increasingly difficult exercises.
What's New in Version 1.2
Now supports multitasking and retina graphics.
This app has trained my ears. Two months ago, I couldn't tell the difference between a flatted sixth and a perfect fourth. Now, after 15 minutes of ear training a day, I am at a 1.000 batting average. Not just on intervals being played ascending or descending but also harmonically (played at the same time). Singing the intervals really helps, especially for the harmonic ones. I listen to the harmonic interval, sing it, then press the arpeggiate button to check. Then I press the correct interval button. Now that I have stopped making errors, I am moving onto chords. I recommend using this app in combination with the one with the same name by dev4phone. This one is good for practice while the other one is good for the final exam. 5++++ stars, this app really works!!!
Perfect and simple
Great ear trainer! I use it with my students and used it when I was in college. Can't wait to see what else he comes up with
Just what I need to train my ear for harmony. This app does it very well.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 06, 2012
- Version: 1.2
- Size: 12.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jon Lay
- © 2009 Jon M. Lay
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.