By Logitech Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Control your home from your iPhone. Dim the lights, close the blinds, crank the volume, and start the movie— with one touch. Streamline your life using personalized, multi-device Activities. Combine home entertainment—TVs, stereos, cable/satellite set-top boxes, and game consoles—with home automation—connected lights, locks, blinds, thermostats, sensors, and more. Harmony brings it together. You bring it to life.
The app works with Harmony Ultimate Home, Harmony Home Control, Harmony Home Hub, Harmony Ultimate, Harmony Smart Control, Harmony Smart Keyboard, or Harmony Ultimate Hub products (each sold separately). For full capabilities and purchase, please visit www.myharmony.com/products.
ONE APP MAKES THINGS SIMPLE
• Control entertainment devices with your iPhone or iPad when paired with Harmony Ultimate, Harmony Ultimate Home, Harmony Home Control, Harmony Smart Control, Harmony Smart Keyboard, or Harmony Ultimate Hub.
• Control connected lights, locks, blinds, thermostats, and more from a single app, whether inside or outside your home. Requires Harmony Ultimate Home, Harmony Home Control, Harmony Home Hub.
• Start Activities such as Good Morning, Good Night, Watch TV, Listen to Music, or Play Games with a just one touch.
• Set up to 50 channel Favorites with custom icons for quick access to your shows.
• Use swipe or tap gestures to control the adjust volume, change channels, fast forward, rewind, and more.
• Install the app on each iPhone or iPad in the house and personalize channel Favorites and set custom gestures.
• The app works with Harmony Home Hub or Harmony Ultimate Hub to control devices inside closed cabinets. Hide the clutter of your entertainment devices and never worry about pointing your phone at your TV.
• Compatible with many IR and Bluetooth® game consoles*
• Compatible with over 270,000 devices from more than 6,000 brands. See myharmony.com/compatibility for latest compatibility information.
• We are unable to provide support through postings made on the App Store
• Visit our online support articles at support.myharmony.com/en/
• Join our online support community at forums.logitech.com
What's New in Version 4.7.1
Update the app for iPhone 6
The iPhone 6 and 6 plus have been out for over a year. It's about time that the app is compatible with the new screen sizes. A year is way longer than required to catch up. Logitech is updating the app still, but have yet to update for the new screen sizes. It makes the app look bad.
App still does what it is supposed to, just doesn't look as good doing it as it could. Set up is pretty easy, just input model numbers of devices and it will find the appropriate commands. Once all the devices are added, it will automatically suggest activities to create for the devices. A nice unexpected touch was the app automatically finding wifi devices on the network like a Roku. Once everything is set up, control is easy. Just press the activity and everything changes input. Overall, a good app for the Harmony remotes, just needs to be updated for iPhone 6 and 6 plus.
Shame on me
Not sure why I keep asking as it seems the philosophy is to give customers what you think they want vs giving them what they ask for. I guess when your customers have invested $200 for a remote they are at your mercy. Not sustainable model. With that said, I will request once again for you to allow the app to switch to portrait view on the iPads. For folks that have installed iPads into their walls as a central home control system, this minor enhancement would be appreciated. You offered it with the old app, so not sure why you assumed it would not be of value with this one.
Don't lose power
The idea behind this app/hardware is great and I'd give it 4 stars if it wasn't chalked full of bugs.
Please allow the "remote" screen to turn off after inactivity. I've used the app to turn off the tv and forgot to manually turn iPad off, only to return hours later with the iPad still on.
I lost power to the TV only and have had to reconfigure every activity to have them work properly again. Other devices in the activity still work, but TV will not turn on/off.
The cost for the hardware should be enough to eliminate the small overlooked errors in coding.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 26, 2015
- Version: 4.7.1
- Size: 32.0 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: Logitech Inc.
- © Logitech
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.