By Logitech Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Control your home from your iPhone. Dim the lights, close the blinds, crank the volume, and start the movie— with one touch. Streamline your life using personalized, multi-device Activities. Combine home entertainment—TVs, stereos, cable/satellite set-top boxes, and game consoles—with home automation—connected lights, locks, blinds, thermostats, sensors, and more. Harmony brings it together. You bring it to life.
The app works with Harmony Ultimate Home, Harmony Home Control, Harmony Home Hub, Harmony Ultimate, Harmony Smart Control, Harmony Smart Keyboard, or Harmony Ultimate Hub products (each sold separately). For full capabilities and purchase, please visit www.myharmony.com/products.
ONE APP MAKES THINGS SIMPLE
• Control entertainment devices with your iPhone or iPad when paired with Harmony Ultimate, Harmony Ultimate Home, Harmony Home Control, Harmony Smart Control, Harmony Smart Keyboard, or Harmony Ultimate Hub.
• Control connected lights, locks, blinds, thermostats, and more from a single app, whether inside or outside your home. Requires Harmony Ultimate Home, Harmony Home Control, Harmony Home Hub.
• Start Activities such as Good Morning, Good Night, Watch TV, Listen to Music, or Play Games with a just one touch.
• Set up to 50 channel Favorites with custom icons for quick access to your shows.
• Use swipe or tap gestures to control the adjust volume, change channels, fast forward, rewind, and more.
• Install the app on each iPhone or iPad in the house and personalize channel Favorites and set custom gestures.
• The app works with Harmony Home Hub or Harmony Ultimate Hub to control devices inside closed cabinets. Hide the clutter of your entertainment devices and never worry about pointing your phone at your TV.
• Compatible with many IR and Bluetooth® game consoles*
• Compatible with over 270,000 devices from more than 6,000 brands. See myharmony.com/compatibility for latest compatibility information.
• We are unable to provide support through postings made on the App Store
• Visit our online support articles at support.myharmony.com/en/
• Join our online support community at forums.logitech.com
What's New in Version 4.4.1
- Fix for App Crash
Latest update broke the app
I have been using the Harmony app on my iPhone 6+ for a while. It meets the basic requirement of turning the tv off from another room when we sit down to dinner.
Since the latest update, which was supposed to fix an app crash, the app now crashes whenever I try to run it. It will not work at all. Hence the 1 star review.
When the app worked, the default layouts for my devices were awful. For example, on / off was not on the first page of buttons for a device.
A general problem with the Harmony system is that some devices do not have an explicit On or Off command, they only have a toggle command (one single command means if it’s off, turn it on, if it’s on, turn it off). When other members of your household grab a remote and turn that device on or off, the Harmony command will then do the opposite of what you want. So your command to “Watch Apple TV” might turn the Apple TV on, turn the Sony TV on and switch it to the correct input but turn your Yamaha receiver off and then while it’s off, it won’t hear the command to change its input.
I have a harmony hub and have had it for about a month now, and it works perfectly for my entire setup, most of the complaints that people have are with the hardware that is not under the control of Harmony(such as the power toggle, this is due to the manufacturer of the product not making specific commands for on and off but one command to do both). It runs through how to set everything up and helps make activities for your devices to make a one click button to turn everything on. Overall it's been great and really haven't had any problems, however I only use my harmony for 6 devices mostly AV/TV/Gaming, so I'm can't speak for how it works with other products such as thermostats and lights.
It's getting better, but...
It's getting much better. They have finally fixed a bunch of bugs that have existed since the major redesign, months ago.
Something has changed in the firmware, because in the past when I would push the TV activity button from the smart remote, and one device would not turn on (the Xbox one, usually), I could just press it again and it would fix it. Now it doesn't do that. I have to switch activities twice to get back to normal, or I have to use the app. Stupid.
A couple of versions ago they started disconnecting from the device in order to save battery life, which is weird. It causes reconnection messages to come up all the time, and they are annoying. There are more efficient ways to control power consumption. If I can listen to Bluetooth audio for 10 hours, but the Logitech app kills the device battery in a couple hours, that's a programming failure. It's also frustrating sometimes when it tries to reconnect, for some random reason it fails, then I have to kill the app and start over.
Even on the newest of devices, it's often klunky. Sometimes the app can take near 30 seconds to load, but this is getting better.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 16, 2015
- Version: 4.4.1
- Size: 24.3 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Spanish
- Seller: Logitech Inc.
- © Logitech
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.