• Winner of a MOM'S CHOICE Gold Award
• Winner of a PARENTS’ CHOICE Silver Honor Award
• Winner of the Editor's Choice Award from Children's Technology Review
• An interactive animated storybook by the creator of the award-winning Living Books
• A “spooky” tale of how imagination can make things seem scarier than they are
"This is one of the best designed interactive children's books I've ever seen"
- Mac Observer
"Harry and the Haunted House is a twelve page interactive storybook that blends a well-told story written by Mark Schlichting with thoughtful animation by developer Wanderful. The app offers Read to Me or Let Me Play modes. The former is especially delightful. Animations play automatically, which encourages children to listen up, watch, and take a break from tapping their screen. The story's words are highlighted as expressive voice actors read them so that early readers can follow along.
Though in a sense a ghost story, Harry and the Haunted House will inspire more giggles than scares. After Harry hits his baseball a little too far, he and his friends decide to look for it in the abandoned house where it lands. Children will enjoy seeing how Harry and his friends' imaginations create spooky situations. They see ghosts that turn out to be their own reflection, for example, and hear strange noises that are actually Harry's dog playing with the found ball. In the end, children learn that scary things (like old houses, dark closets, or the space under a bed) are not so terrible once one learns more about them."
- Parents' Choice ©2013 Parents' Choice
Have you ever wished you could play inside a story and really interact with all the characters and words? Now you can! Harry and the Haunted House is an imaginative, interactive and slightly spooky reading experience with fully animated content loved by children, parents and teachers alike.
Wanderful brings every page of this Mark Schlichting story to life. Read and play along with Harry and his friends as they retrieve their baseball lost in the “haunted” house across the field. “W-W-What’s that noise?” “We froze in our steps…”
• Story is in both English and Spanish - change language from any page
• 12 fully animated pages
• French story content unlocks with upgrade
• Virtually every item on each page comes to life when tapped
• All words are “active” for extended word play and language learning
• Animated surprises on each page – can you find all the performing bugs?
• Move between pages with swipe or with scrolling page navigation
• Multiple settings to customize the App for your child’s reading experience
• Two modes: “Read to Me” and the fully interactive “Let Me Play”
• Parental tips to help you get the most out of this Wanderful interactive storybook
• Teacher resources include a 31 page overview of Wanderful interactive storybooks Classroom Activities and a free preview of the Harry and the Haunted House Classroom Activities guide
• The full 58 page Classroom Activities guide is available as an upgrade
Wanderful’s goal is to bring outstanding interactive storybooks to a new generation of children. We hope Harry and the Haunted House provides your family, children and students with hours of delightful story play.
Harry and the Haunted House is written by Mark Schlichting, creator of the Living Books series.
Wanderful creates engaging interactive storybooks for children that are educational, fun, and above all safe and appropriate. Our apps:
• do not collect any information
• do not contain ads
• do contain in-app purchases
• do not have active links to websites or social networks
• do use analytics to improve our app experience but only in aggregate and never with personally identifiable data
Optimized for full 64-bit performance.
Fixed an iOS 11 specific issue with certain buttons and page scroller.
Ratings and Reviews
Excited to find
I love the Living Books series. I bought them for my children 20+ years ago and they love to sit in my lap and play and read along. I am so excited to find these for my grandson. Highly recommend for ages where the child can sit and listen when being read to. I think 2-6 are prime ages. I am getting for my grandson who is 1. He loves to pat the iPad and I think he will enjoy the response of making something happen. Definitely with buying.
Best Interactive Storybooks for Children
Your storybook apps are my child's favorite apps on the iPad. They are the best interactive books for engaging children, and helping children to learn to read. They are fun, engaging, packed with tons of variety to hold the child's attention, and are easy for children to learn to navigate. The arrows for page turning provide great visual cues.
Thank you for the many happy and wonderful hours you have given my son.
Great stories & interactivity that deserve a new generation!
Once upon a time I owned nearly the entire series of the Living Books for mac/pc. They were wonderfully engaging stories with delight art and great interactivity. Each of my kids were practically raised on this series but alas they stopped being compatible with modern OS's many years ago. Harry & the Haunted House was my favorite. A great story, great art, and it really helps engage the kids in reading. The iPad conversion is great. The art is a little pixelated - definitely no retina art here - but that's understandable. I'd prefer they leave it as is rather than try to recreate the art.
My youngest is 10 and she might be a little old for this but I couldn't help feeling a little nostalgic and buying this one. I don't she has ever read / seen this one. Thanks for bringing these back - please bring them all back!
- Wanderful, Inc.
- 164.7 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012, Wanderful, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- French Upgrade $1.99
- Premium Upgrade $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.