Harry Potter: Spells
By Warner Bros.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Transform your iPhone or iPod touch into a magic wand and get ready to duel!
You are officially invited to attend Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Once enrolled, receive the wand destined for you before being Sorted into one of the four houses by the Sorting Hat. Then using specific hand gestures for each of the 17 included spells, practice, practice, practice before experiencing the ultimate contest - DUELLING!
Compete against the computer or challenge a fellow classmate to a real-time duel – player versus player, casting spells from one device to the other. Earn valuable house points for your house while learning, practicing and duelling. Visit the house points section to view your official stats and global ranking. Finally, share it with the rest of the world by posting it to your Facebook page via Facebook Connect.
• 23 Powerful Spells - Stun your opponent with STUPEFY or disarm them with EXPELLIARMUS, and many, many more
• 17 spells included in this premium version with two additional spell packs available from the all-new “More Spells” option in the main menu
o All-New Spell Pack #6* – CRUCIO, IMPERIO and WINGARDIUM LEVIOSA
*Requires Update 1.6
• ALL 3 UNFORGIVABLE CURSES ARE AVAILABLE NOW!!!
• All-New Push Notifications:
oStay up to date with everything Harry Potter by receiving push notifications directly to your device!!!
• All-New Death Eater skin:
oUnlock all 23 spells to skin your menu screen with the all-new Death Eater skin
• 2 Control Schemes:
o Touch-Screen – Use your finger to draw shapes on the screen to cast spells.
o Motion Controls - Draw shapes vertically in the air with your device to cast spells.
• Intense Duelling Action:
o Single Player - Cast spells against three different difficulty levels
o Multiplayer – Challenge a friend to a duel and cast spells from one device to the other in real-time encounters
• Authentic Experience - From visiting Ollivanders to being sorted by the Sorting Hat
• Practice Makes Perfect - Tutorial system educates and trains, grading you on your spell casting performance, thus unlocking spells as you go
• Monitor Your Ranking – Keep an eye on your wins, losses and House Cup rankings to be the strongest wizard in Hogwarts
• Share With Your Friends – Post your Harry Potter: Spells stats on your Facebook page using Facebook Connect
Also, be sure to visit the Harry Potter: Spells Facebook and Twitter pages to find out when additional spells are available!
BECOME A FAN - facebook.com/HarryPotterSpellsGame
FOLLOW US - twitter.com/HPSpellsGame
“A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! Best app on iTunes!” – User review
*Help Harry Potter: Spells climb into the top 10 by writing a review*
Check out these other exciting WB apps:
• Scribblenauts Remix
• LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4
• LEGO Batman: Gotham City Games
• Happy Feet™ Two: Erik's Adventure
Visit HarryPotterSpellsApp.com for…
• Helpful Tips Video
• Official Game Trailer
• Harry Potter Cast Trailer
• Gameplay Videos
• Much, much, more!
What's New in Version 2.1
Bug fixes and store update.
Thanks to all the fans for your continued support!
Brings back the memories
This is a very interesting app. No idea where the casting came from but hey, what the heck, it is a lot easier for muggles to cast the spells than using a real wand. When the spells fire, it is very accurate to what the spell really looks like when we wizards cast them. Confringo is great; can't even count the times Stupefy has saved me in real life, and Orchideous came in very handy when I was dating that one special woman. It was rather frightening to see how easy it is to cast Sectumsempra, but I guess it is just me. I have seen what it can do... First hand. Terrible experience, never want to send anybody through it. But anyway, great app. Wonderful fun.
Not worth it!!!
1. Motion control is worthless, it doesn't work worth a hoot. The only way you can use the spells is to draw with your finger.
2. You can record your own voice for the spells (which I love) but the worthless app doesn't give you enough time and your voice gets cut off in mid sentence. Come on!!! get this fixed!!!
3. I have to "BUY" more spells? Give me a break!!! Then after I buy them I learn that I can't use them or my house will lose points! (why didn't you tell me this BEFORE you tricked me into buying this.
4. The touch screen gets confused and sometimes you can't cast spells. What good is that?
5. Others say bugs have been "fixed" but they are wrong. This app is still a waste of money. These people probably work for WB because nothing is fixed to my satisfaction!
6. Just save your money until they make MAJOR changes. All they want is to take your money and it's not worth it. I want my money back.
Good but still could be better
I have had this app for a while, and when I started it, it had the update for finger rather than waving your iPod around in the air, I liked that, and when the update came for multiplayer, I liked that too, but some more spells would be nice, I am glad they included the unforgivable curses that you can buy, but some simpler spells would be nice, also resetting of the app every update is a bit tiresome I hate having to start all over, it's simple but annoying to unlock each spell each time it updates.
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jul 11, 2013
- Version: 2.1
- Size: 116 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Warner Bros. Entertainment
- HARRY POTTER characters, names and related indicia are trademarks of and © Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Harry Potter Publishing Rights © JKR. (s09)
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Spell Pack 5$0.99
- Spell Pack 6$0.99