Harvest - Select the Best Produce
By Sean Murphy
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Harvest is your guide to selecting the freshest, ripest, healthiest and best-tasting produce. Whether it's knocking on watermelons, smelling pineapples, squeezing avocados, or examining the color of peaches, you'll always know the best approach.
-- FEATURED ON:
NPR, PBS, Better Homes and Gardens, Clean Eating, Oxygen, WeightWatchers, Prevention, Vegetarian Times, and more.
On TV! ~ Featured in an Apple iPhone Television Ad
"Noteworthy" ~ Featured by Apple on the front page of the App Store
"Pick of the Week" ~ Alex Lindsay, TWiT MacBreak Weekly Podcast
"Elegant, beautiful" ~ Joseph Wain, Glyphish, iPhone Icon Designer
"Brilliant job designing the app" ~ Smoking Apples Blog
"Essential" ~ SF Restaurant Examiner
"5 Stars" ~ appolicious.com
• See what’s In Season in your area
• Tips and tricks for selecting over 120 produce items
• Pesticide levels so you know when to buy organic
• Storing instructions
• No Internet connection required
What's New in Version 3.1
This update improves support for iOS 8, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Useful and sleek
Not only is this app tremendously helpful in selecting the highest quality produce and then storing them properly, but it's beautifully designed and fits well with iOS 8. The interface is aesthetically minimalistic and intuitive. I love that each entry has a high resolution picture and a matching color scheme. The pesticide levels are nice to have as well when deciding whether or not to buy organic. It is one of my favorite apps and was well worth the money. Thanks!
This is the greatest app. I use it not only for grocery shopping, but it's very handy for harvest & storage info for things in your garden too.
I do have one request for a future update though. It would be great to be able to mark certain items as favorites, and to be able to sort the lists. Then you could reduce the lists to exclude the things you never buy.
Thanks for a very useful app!
More Please! :-)
this app is really a great resource, and intuitive to use! my only suggestions for improvement are:
1. bigger hi-res pictures that show both the outside and inside of the fruit/vegetable. Your pictures are great, just need them bigger to help identify them... especially the ones we may not be familiar with...
2. having grown up in the Pacific Islands & SW U.S. I'd love to see more of the variety of fruits & veggies I grew up with - cactus, agave, plantains, Palm, taro root, etc...
3. snazzier icon! silly - but, it might catch people's eye better?
Keep up the great work!!! As more & more people are moving towards "whole food" diets (the way it used to be) - you will become an valuable resource! Wishes for many successes to come! :-)
- Category: Food & Drink
- Updated: Jan 04, 2015
- Version: 3.1
- Size: 16.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sean Murphy
- © 2014 by Sean Murphy
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.