Hatchi - A retro virtual pet
By Portable Pixels
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Hatchi is a retro-looking iPhone and watch app sure to get the nostalgia burning for all those who cared for a virtual pet back in the 1990s when they were at the height of their popularity. Just as with the keychain-sized pets of the 90s, iPhone, iPod and iPad users now will feed, clean, play with and generally look after their pets to ensure they grow up to be healthy, happy little Hatchis. He needs YOU!
*** Featured on Touch Arcade Best iPhone and iPad Games***
Your Hatchi monster will go through several stages of growth, and will look different depending on the type of care the player provides. There are also NEW EGGS you can get which give you all new types of Hatchi!
Customise your Hatchi!! You can:
* Choose different backgrounds like the park or the beach!
* Use stickers to customise the background to give Hatchi a better environment!
* Change the color of your Hatchi's pixels!
How will YOU customise your Hatchi?
Play mini games!! including:
* The Hatchi Matchi memory game
* Hatchi Squares - play against your Hatchi!
* Roshambo - What Hatchi will you pick?
* Hatchi Catchi - move your Hatchi to catch falling food
* Its raining meds - avoid the meds!
* Whack a Hatchi - whack as many as you can!
and now our ALL NEW MULTIPLAYER BATTLING GAME!!
Play Hatchi Battle with your Game Center friends and see who wins!
Feed, clean, play and watch it evolve over several days.
“Say goodbye to your productivity. Say hello to your new friend.” Gizmodo.com
“It's hilarious, but I really, really, really don't want Big Poppa Pump (his Hatchi monster) to bite the dust. I've somehow bonded with the thing” TouchArcade.com
If you have any issues with the game or you just want to say hello, you can email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 7.6
I'm hungry, please feed me
Best Tamagotchi Alternative I've played + Apple Watch Suggestions
I've been playing this on and off for the past few years, and wanted to start by saying thanks for making an iOS throwback to the original Tamagotchi. Of course, Hatchi has way more features, but it's still got a similar feel.
I have two suggestions:
1. In the new mini game (which is difficult but satisfying to complete), either having the playing field raised higher or having the game play in land space mode would be ideal, since obstruction can be very annoying for a tedious game like this.
2. For the Apple Watch, it would be nice to have basic functions like feeding, teaching, and playing on top of just being able to check in on the pet. Personally, I feel like this would add to the retro-ness of the app considering it's based on a tiny digital game.
Either way, this is still a great alternative to a real Tamagotchi.
****Edit****: Please fix the glitch that causes the app to crash when saving a picture.
This game is cute. I am obsessed with the ball game where You can jump to get diamonds and avoid spikes. It is so so fun if u r reading this (app developers) please come out with another game as an app specifically following this game. My hatchi keeps dying because all I do is play this game. At first it is fun to feed it etc. But this game is so so fun. It reminds me of another app I played before Tomatoe run. Great action game!
Haven't played in years
I love this app, it brings back great memories of when I was in middle school. There is something fun about raising my little fire creature which I am going to release tomorrow :)
- Category: Games
- Updated: Jun 19, 2017
- Version: 7.6
- Size: 86.7 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Portable Pixels Ltd
- © Portable Pixels 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- 5000 Coin Boost$1.99
- 15000 Coin Boost$3.99
- 50000 Coin Boost$9.99
- Coin Doubler$0.99
- Alien Egg$0.99
- 150000 Coin Boost$20.99
- Botanical Egg$0.99
- Mysterious Egg$0.99
- Mountain Egg$0.99
- 20000 Coin Boost$2.99